DeShawn Hanika Commits!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Fall highlight posted. He redshirted so it’s just practice tape.

we’ll have him for 4 years. He’s a huge get.

Reactions: Snydes

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He’s class of 2020. Four years of eligibility. Will be here in the fall (or spring whenever football is)

From his highlights, it looks like he played at least one season at Butler, so how can he have 4 years of eligibility?

Also, do we know for sure he'll be a TE? Looks like he played mainly WR at Butler. Not that there's a really big difference these days. Nowadays there are blocking TE's and receiving TE's, and receiving TE's are split out wide and are basically big WR's, so I assume that's what he'll be.

Looks like a great get though.... welcome aboard!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
From his highlights, it looks like he played at least one season at Butler, so how can he have 4 years of eligibility?

Also, do we know for sure he'll be a TE? Looks like he played mainly WR at Butler. Not that there's a really big difference these days. Nowadays there are blocking TE's and receiving TE's, and receiving TE's are split out wide and are basically big WR's, so I assume that's what he'll be.

I didn't watch the whole video, but almost all of the highlights had his QB wearing a green jersey with coaches and players standing in the middle of the field. Scrimmages

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
He must have an interesting story. Full qualifier out of HS but goes JUCO. I'm assuming his offers were pulled when he had the knee injury? That would suck

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Redshirted while rehabbing. Four to play four.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Good hands, good feet, decent speed, good body control. Really does well with a guy on him. Should be a good one.