***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Interesting piece, from his highlights looks like he's desperately a non-shooter and played almost the 4, or scored on a lot of guard post-ups and what not. Intrigued how a guy can average that many a game while not shooting outside and having defenders actively social distancing while he has the ball at the top of the key.

At first glance reminds me a bit of Denzel Mahoney (Creighton).

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Interesting piece, from his highlights looks like he's desperately a non-shooter and played almost the 4, or scored on a lot of guard post-ups and what not. Intrigued how a guy can average that many a game while not shooting outside and having defenders actively social distancing while he has the ball at the top of the key.

I'm not sure how many threes he took but he did shoot 43% from 3 point range.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

anyone on UMASS Boston grad transferring?

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Who was complaining about Shayok? He averaged the second most points for Virginia his junior season.

Many pushed back against the idea of Shayok being a successful primary or even secondary scoring option. That might be a better way to phrase it. Don’t recall anyone complaining that we got him.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Bad choice for him. No one should choose Depaul.

Well at least people can’t say we lost out this time cuz the team beating us out had so much more momentum. Pretty sure Depaul was bottom of Big East.

Guess we’ll see first hand next season what we missed out on or not, since we play them.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I don’t remember too many smart basketball people complaining about Kane. I think Buggs would be a solid get at this point. Can run the point, distributes the ball well and has some size similar to Nick Babb. Shooting is a concern but you have to feel the gaping hole at PG and hope it leads to another solid wing commit.

The only complaints when Kane was signed were about the big guy Hoiberg had committed but ran off to make room for Kane.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
thats nice and all, people still found a reason to complain. But who are all these great PG’s who have so much better stats than Buggs? And don’t say any of the guys who would play off the ball.

Buggs is a poor man's Connor McCaffrey. And people on this board love ripping on that kid. Again, I'm happy to get him and I hope we do, but let's be honest it's not somebody that markedly changes the direction of the season.

Reactions: heitclone

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Buggs is a poor man's Connor McCaffrey. And people on this board love ripping on that kid. Again, I'm happy to get him and I hope we do, but let's be honest it's not somebody that markedly changes the direction of the season.

I'll take "somebody that markedly gives us some reliable minutes and allows us to have a complete practice" for 800, Alex.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'll take "somebody that markedly gives us some reliable minutes and allows us to have a complete practice" for 800, Alex.

I don't disagree at all. But look at his stats versus even Nixon's stats at CSU. People keep mentioning transfers of the past, it's more like Talley or Nixon level versus anybody else.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

That's fine, I haven't seen a single person suggest otherwise.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I don't disagree at all. But look at his stats versus even Nixon's stats at CSU. People keep mentioning transfers of the past, it's more like Talley or Nixon level versus anybody else.

I can get down with that.

Let's just do our best to never compare any potential Iowa State athletes to persons that carry the last name of he/them who should never be named.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
We'll know about Buggs soon.
https://247sports.com/college/baske...tball-recruiting-Drew-Buggs-Hawaii-146351332/

Hawaii grad transfer Drew Buggs is down to three.
Buggs announced on Tuesday that he will choose between Iowa State, LMU and Missouri.
A 6-foot-3, 195-pound guard originally from Long Beach (Calif.) Poly, Buggs averaged 9.4 points, 5.3 assists and 4.5 rebounds per game as a junior.
He led the Big West in assists for the second straight season.
Buggs’ former AAU coach with West Coast Elite, Ryan Silver, discussed what stands out about each program.
Iowa State: “They play in a great conference and are in need of a point guard.”

LMU: “Stan Johnson is building something special at LMU and is a future star in coaching."

Missouri: “Cuonzo Martin is one of the best coaches in America. He has unbelievable charisma and is a tremendous leader.”

According to Silver, Buggs will be making a decision shortly.
“He’s going to decide this weekend,” Silver said.