DeJulius Thread: What I'm hearing

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
That is exactly what you are saying. You want Steve Prohm fired.

that only happens if we have another year like this past one.

So, rather than hope for the best and support the program, you are saying that what you want is for the team to fail.

In any language, that means you hope we lose so he is gone.

No. It’s been explained to you many times by many posters. It’s not worth explaining yet again. At this point it’s clear that you aren’t able to grasp that and repeating this braindead argument like a broken record is all you are capable of.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Was it too long?
I loved Paul, he helped shape the culture that enabled us to attract CMC. However, seeing winnable games turn into losses that final year, lead nearly everyone, including me, to the same conclusion, it was time for a change. I think we will see the same with CSP if the results do not improve with the talent we are bringing in. Whether that is 1 more year or two or if at all, if the winning comes again, remains to be seen. I think JP has a very good feel for these things. Act too quickly and you have a self inflicted Hoiberg vs Prohm like situation with a split fan base. As we see on this board, that is not an ideal situation.

It was one year too long. Everyone knew where things were inevitably headed that last season. And Paul Rhoads was a coach that myself and most cyclone fans I know had a real affinity for and connection to.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Yes, it is! So why are you struggling so much? We have the benefit of having actual results! We don’t need to predict how Prohm will do after it’s fully his program. Do you think Prohm in coaching reviews on the 12-20 season yells “that’s hindsight”!

The “that’s hindsight” response is always good humor, but a fallacy and telling of those taking it too personally. It would be relevant if I were applying to be head coach and contending to be a better P5 than Prohm. That’s not needed in determining whether Prohm has done an adequate job in meeting previous challenges of his P5 job. Good coaches have foresight for what others need hindsight!!

You’re no cup of tea yourself! What solutions have you provided? None. Just illogical drivel and fallacies. What’s worse than not providing solutions to questions or problems? Choosing ignorance and avoiding discussing said problems! Solutions have been provided: new assistants (my favorite) or new head coach (not there yet). With your allusions to false authority and zero solutions, I suspect this will be your last post on the issue?
My solution is simple: quit complaining, let JP do his job and cheer for ISU no matter what. Yours is to say SP sucks and to replace him. With whom? How much? Criteria for retaining job? Buyout? How to retain current class? Do you expect a higher rated class after the change? I'm not happy with the record. But, by the same token I've been around long enough and have seen enough coaching changes (the vast majority of which never succeed) to not yet jump overboard. But, from your rant, I can see you're a bit on the sensitive side. So, you're right. I'm out of here. Sorry CW.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
My solution is simple: quit complaining, let JP do his job and cheer for ISU no matter what. Yours is to say SP sucks and to replace him. With whom? How much? Criteria for retaining job? Buyout? How to retain current class? Do you expect a higher rated class after the change? I'm not happy with the record. But, by the same token I've been around long enough and have seen enough coaching changes (the vast majority of which never succeed) to not yet jump overboard. But, from your rant, I can see you're a bit on the sensitive side. So, you're right. I'm out of here. Sorry CW.

This is an odd post. You start out by telling him to let JP do his job... then you directly follow that by specifically asking him to do the ADs job himself, by determining exactly who we should hire, right down to the terms of his contract. Then you ask him to do the next coaches job by handling this recruiting class.

Your directly conflicting statements aside, That’s quite a lot to ask of a fan in order to state his opinion. I always get a good laugh when I see this tactic on the message board.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
And there it is......the curtain has been raised. That wasn't so hard was it? As for this statement:

He has been here 5 seasons..........3 of those winning. Two having the photos you so loathe...3 NCAA banners and 1 sweet 16. The scale is still in his favor. In this discussion with another poster did you not say this:

And I agree.....hindsight is always easy. However, some of us are seeing it widescreen while others are looking at the 4" screen on their phone skipping through the parts they don't want to see.
It's not so much the constructive criticism, but rather the incessant whining about the same things. It makes me want to bump the phonograph to keep the record from skipping. Oh heck. It makes me want to throw it out the window. Maybe if forums became more like wiki, we'd only have the statistical contribution once. And, if any of you people 'piling on' think you're helping the program, I'd love to hear your logic on it.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
This is an odd post. You start out by telling him to let JP do his job... then you directly follow that by specifically asking him to do the ADs job himself, by determining exactly who we should hire, right down to the terms of his contract. Then you ask him to do the next coaches job by handling this recruiting class.

Your directly conflicting statements aside, That’s quite a lot to ask of a fan in order to state his opinion. I always get a good laugh when I see this tactic on the message board.
I see your point. I'm merely asking him to use 'silent' logic within himself to help him realize, this is not a slam dunk 'we lost' scenario where whining is part of the equation to winning.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I personally appreciate Cat for his passion. He has mellowed since his return to the board. IMO, Some of you just dismiss him out of hat based on how divisive he was in the past. If you actually read what he says, it may give you some different perspective on things without having to actually change your mind completely.:)

Or just block him.

Help Support Us

Become a patron