DeJulius Thread: What I'm hearing

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
So you’re now calling Talen’s mother a liar?
500full.jpg

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I will give you Wigs it was a big win for Prohm and Berry (wish he was still here)...lets be honest THT want to go to Illinois, Ayo said No so we got lucky
Monte Morris wanted to go to Michigan, so Hoiberg gets no credit for getting him? Let's be honest here, pretty much every player we've ever gotten would rather go to Duke if given the opportunity. So, it's ridiculous to say Prohm got lucky that Illinois didn't take THT. You could make that same argument for every single player. We got lucky Duke didn't want Halibruton, Niang, Thomas, Mitrou-Long, Ejim because none of those guys would have come here if they had a Duke offer.

Give Prohm credit where it's due (landing THT and Wigginton, Shayock etc..) and blame where it's due (not being able to land a single good grad transfer in 5 years).

Cyclone560

May 25, 2017
I will give you Wigs it was a big win for Prohm and Berry (wish he was still here)...lets be honest THT want to go to Illinois, Ayo said No so we got lucky

Ya I think its fairly well known THT wanted to go to Illinois. Monte was also ready to commit to Michigan and they got a commit from Derrick Walton first so he came to ISU (I think this was also well known, but he also did a podcast/video with Niang recently and said he literally was trying to call Michigan to commit and they were on the phone with Walton accepting his commitment at the time and called him back and said they couldn't take him).

Spring is definitely different, but recruiting in general weird stuff happens all the time, you just have to be happy when you get lucky and make the most of it and move on when you get unlucky and hope you get a break back the other way soon. That's also why I think its encouraging and important to at least be in these Top3 and Top4s, because at least you're there if something weird happens you've got a chance. Continue to put yourself in those situations and eventually you get lucky but in the end it doesn't matter how or why you get a guy, only that you get him.

Reactions: aobie

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
That's the way to keep things in perspective - "I hope thousands of people keep dying so I don't have to watch bad amateur basketball." Maybe take it down a notch, guys.
It was more regarding lack of sports, no intention to make light of those that are dying good sir.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
you want Iowa State basketball to lose so the coach is fired. If that’s where you all are, just be honest.

Live look at Cat and his mind reading powers he has used so many times on this board:

tenor.png

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Live look at Cat and his mind reading powers he has used so many times on this board:

tenor.png

I don’t understand why you guys just can’t be honest.

If you all want prohm gone, as badly as you all do, then you have to admit you want to see Iowa State lose

QcClone23

Jan 25, 2019
We don’t want Prohm to lose his job, but he hasn’t proven to be able to build a program. He’s missed the tourney the past 2 out of 3 years, and next year looks to be another rebuilding year. He has struck out with every transfer so far with the recruiting pitch of playing time and a Big 12 program.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I don’t understand why you guys just can’t be honest.

If you all want prohm gone, as badly as you all do, then you have to admit you want to see Iowa State lose
12-20 wasn’t enough? Isn’t it possible they want Prohm gone because he has already lost? And they think that’ll continue? Wanting ISU to win is why they want Prohm gone. If he’s still here they’ll root to be proven wrong in regards to future success under him.

It’s not complicated. Stop making it about you and your odd loyalty tests. Don’t worry, my friend, your faithful fandom will be rewarded soon! Cat Stevens jersey in the rafters right next to our 2021-22 Final Four banner! Prohm will embrace you before Katie!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
We don’t want Prohm to lose his job, but he hasn’t proven to be able to build a program. He’s missed the tourney the past 2 out of 3 years, and next year looks to be another rebuilding year. He has struck out with every transfer so far with the recruiting pitch of playing time and a Big 12 program.

And won the Big 12 tourney in between those 2 misses, but let's not give credit for that.

Reactions: wgleason

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
So we have to wait until 11 AM Central time for his commitment? Is this being broadcast anywhere? I hope it's not on Skype.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
And won the Big 12 tourney in between those 2 misses, but let's not give credit for that.

The obligatory responses to that are........"a weekend doesn't mean success"......."the tourney means nothing"......"what happened a week later"......I am sure you can think of more.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Yup that was fun right before losing to another avg OSU team. You can defend CSP all you want but it looks really dumb.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Yup that was fun right before losing to another avg OSU team. You can defend CSP all you want but it looks really dumb.
It looks dumb to point out his successes? It does look dumb to only point out his failures, but ignore his success, and vice versa.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Sure that was a fun weekend but before that was not. No way that team should have gone 9-9 in the Big 12 and that weekend only underscores how much they underachieved that year.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Are you sure you’re not the fish?

“But the 2019 Big 12 Tournament!” is overplayed. Not-good-enough coaches can have moments of success. Kevin Ollie won the National Title after all!

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
It looks dumb to point out his successes? It does look dumb to only point out his failures, but ignore his success, and vice versa.
ok success is measured by his overall record when handed a team that could go to a Final Four. You want to go check his Big 12 record and his overall since being in Ames?