Fat Stanley without Doyle

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
First rhabdo then force feeding Stanley Hansel and Gretel style? Wow how is guy not in federal prison????

CloneKing

Apr 5, 2020
Ankeny
Frank G. watching over his training? He and Garza both are seem to lack in quickness and in speed though, thus the Frank Garza reference since he seems to be a trainer now since his other job didn't work out for him. I remember Stanley's sneak attempt against Wisky that went nowhere. I hope NFL scouts look at that footage.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Getting away from that all you can eat dining hall food

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Per Hawk Central he's not worked on his mechanics before. Huh???

"Stanley said he faced questions about consistency during informal interviews with 25 NFL teams this week.

He completed 59.4% of his passes in 2019, and while his arm has always been powerful (he threw for 8,297 yards in three seasons as the Iowa starter), Stanley didn’t show the accuracy he will need if he wants to make an NFL team. So that was what he emphasized while speaking with the media. He is working with a quarterback coach, Tony Racioppi in New Jersey, and drilling away at the mechanics of his lower body to make sure he is using his hips to generate power instead of bending at the waist and overusing his elbow.

It’s the first time he’s ever addressed his mechanical problems, he said, particularly the issues which have led him to sail the ball on deep passes.

“I never really worked with anybody (on mechanics),” Stanley said. “I was just throwing a football like I would throw a baseball when I was a kid.”

Stanley added that the focus at Iowa was primarily on strategy and less about mechanics
. "

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...yle-experience-reformed-mechanics/4871740002/

• Dumb
Reactions: VeloClone

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Wonder how his clipboard holding and bench sitting mechanics are

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
In all seriousness some of you have a weird fascination with Stanley's weight who is undoubtedly in better shape than 99% of this board.

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
In all seriousness some of you have a weird fascination with Stanley's weight who is undoubtedly in better shape than 99% of this board.

I contend that my cylindrical shape is better than Stanley's egg shape. Therefore I am in better shape.

Reactions: cyfan21

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
Yeah, that guy who kicked our ass every time he played us really sucks.