RECRUITING: What I'm hearing ... 4-11-20 PM update

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
It is very rare for a class of 4 freshman to all be hits especially when they are aren't top prospects. Go look at how many Freshman have put up THT numbers at ISU. It is harder than you think and even harder to do on a good team.
It is very hard.
I think this class is more likely to have all hits than two years ago, simply because I was never a Zion fan. But admittedly I was familiar with him before ISU offered.

It goes both ways- the better the team around a player, the easier it can be to perform. Usually being on a good team makes it hard to get volume needed to put up numbers of the magnitude of THT- not the case for a guy like THT!

Reactions: Halincandenza

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It is very hard.
I think this class is more likely to have all hits than two years ago, simply because I was never a Zion fan. But admittedly I was familiar with him before ISU offered.

It goes both ways- the better the team around a player, the easier it can be to perform. Usually being on a good team makes it hard to get volume needed to put up numbers of the magnitude of THT- not the case for a guy like THT!
Zion is proof that you shouldn't recruit a kid just because of one good weekend in the AAU circuit.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I’m hearing Bowling Green ...

Well that adds to the intrigue. Thx CW. Considering the favorites have change it seem daily Turner is obviously conflicted. At least we'll know shortly.

I watched some DeJulieus video and he would be a very good PG for Prohm. DD's game reminds me a bit of Bolton's but with a better handle and feel. Those two playing off each other would be really nice back court. (obviously he's likely a sit out so it would only be for 1 year).

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
As weird is it sounds I would be happy if he stayed put than go to one of the others schools. Hopefully we can get DD and some other guys. Chris, any word on the Perry kid from Louisville

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
As weird is it sounds I would be happy if he stayed put than go to one of the others schools. Hopefully we can get DD and some other guys. Chris, any word on the Perry kid from Louisville
Not me, not happy at all. We're competing with those other schools for recruits. If he goes to Marquette or Missouri, then that's less competition for our other options down the line.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
Not me, not happy at all. We're competing with those other schools for recruits. If he goes to Marquette or Missouri, then that's less competition for our other options down the line.

Solid point, but would your feelings change towards CSP if he committed elsewhere instead of staying put?

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
How much should I prep my hole before 3:00?
greasing-a-tie-rod-end-zerk-fitting.gif