RECRUITING: What I'm hearing ... 4-11-20 PM update

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Now would be a good time for wealthy boosters to start spreading some cash to these transfers...it's done everywhere else ISU might as well get on board if they are not already.
It's not done everywhere else. No school is 100% clean, but schools like Iowa State can't afford to pay their players and also can't afford to get caught. There's a reason the blue bloods either don't get looked thoroughly or they get a slap on the wrist if caught. If Iowa State would get caught, they would come down extremely hard on us.

Reactions: kentkel and isu83

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
It's not done everywhere else. No school is 100% clean, but schools like Iowa State can't afford to pay their players and also can't afford to get caught. There's a reason the blue bloods either don't get looked thoroughly or they get a slap on the wrist if caught. If Iowa State would get caught, they would come down extremely hard on us.
You know what they say... don't get caught then. I'd rather we sucked because we got caught cheating than because we have an inept coach ;)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You know what they say... don't get caught then. I'd rather we sucked because we got caught cheating than because we have an inept coach ;)
If the recruiting violation would be known by Coach Prohm, which those types of things usually are, Prohm would be fired and we would likely get some sort of post season ban. Prohm would be gone, but I doubt anyone would want a post season ban and a possible scholarship decrease.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
If the recruiting violation would be known by Coach Prohm, which those types of things usually are, Prohm would be fired and we would likely get some sort of post season ban. Prohm would be gone, but I doubt anyone would want a post season ban and a possible scholarship decrease.
And how is that different than our current situation.... I'm kidding, kinda.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
that’s a pretty ****** thing for CW to do if what you say is true.

I haven’t listened to it but it could have just meant he thinks he knows who will be our transfers.

Is he not allowed to have an opinion on the future of the program?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

LSU has been cheating it's butt off for a while and they can't nail them. ISU would be fine.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Just read an update on 247.We aren’t even listed as a school involved on Buggs list? Did I miss something?

Reactions: Halincandenza

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Listen to how Miller and Wade speak on those tapes.

Gangsters.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Love TH as a cyclone and kid but I can name 10 ISU PG's i'd take before him.

WTS, Just land 1 stud transfer Steve just 1. There will be several others who come on the board in the next few weeks. I also think things open up a lot if NCAA passes new transfer rule.

If we can land AJ Walker for this year that would be a very solid get btw.

can't let that slide: go ahead, name your 10.

Reactions: WhoISthis

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm starting to wonder if prohm will even be able to land a Bowie or Talley type of transfer this spring. 2 more weeks of radio silence and I'll be surprised if he can get us another Brace or Beverly. Kids are transferring to places like Fayetteville, AR and Tuscaloosa, AL but prohm can't convince anyone to come to Ames when Iowa State has been a much better program than the other two over the last 5-10 years. Seems like nobody wants to play for him.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Didn't Carton get rid of Twitter?

Well if he's anything like my college son, he would get rid of Twitter every few months, then come right back to it a week later. Apparently it's a hard habit to break. :confused:

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I can assure you 100% that the Louisville, KU, Marquette, Mizzou, of the world are handing out $$.. a lot of schools handlers do..

If you aren’t looking to provide some sort of incentive to transfers esp in our state then you shouldn’t be running the program

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm starting to wonder if prohm will even be able to land a Bowie or Talley type of transfer this spring. 2 more weeks of radio silence and I'll be surprised if he can get us another Brace or Beverly. Kids are transferring to places like Fayetteville, AR and Tuscaloosa, AL but prohm can't convince anyone to come to Ames when Iowa State has been a much better program than the other two over the last 5-10 years. Seems like nobody wants to play for him.
Except for the 4 incoming freshman.