Thread of great guitarists

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Obvious ones are Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani...I'll throw in Neal Schon as well, anyone who can play with Carlos Santana as a teenager has got to be included.

But one that people may scoff at is John Mayer...whether you like his music or not, dude can shred on guitar.

Oh and Brad Paisley...another guy you wouldn't expect to be able to shred.

But maybe one of the all time best that nobody really talks about was Prince. Watch his performance of "While My Guitar Gentle Weeps" at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction of George Harrison. Amazing.

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
Alejandro Aranda, Yeah, yeah, yeah I know American Idol blah, blah, but he does some truly interesting things with a guitar.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Sure, see it all the time....

Don’t get me wrong... he’s really good and you don’t hear artists like him all the time but that form of playing with hammering on, pulling off, and tapping isn’t new.... look up Don Ross and Andy McKee. They’ve done this for 20+ years. For something newer check Luca stricagnoli on YouTube. He’s got some great covers on there. Even guys like EVH and randy rhoads did forms of this in there stuff too. All great guitar players.

Help Support Us

Become a patron