New transfer target ...

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I’m not trying to be a troll, but are you parroting the same things as the other posters or do you know?
I can't speak for the renowned CyTwins, but I am the original poster that stated I have B Tier sources telling me it was between Louisville and Iowa State last week. Those same sources thought he would have committed by now, so take it with a grain of salt.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
Carton may very well represent the last stand for Prohm. Landing an Iowa kid of that caliber to go along with Foster completely changes the narrative.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
If Prohm has a bunch of guys and the season is a little rough but you can clearly see the talent ready to go off the next year, he will be givin the time needed. If Next season is like this one and a bunch of guys leave before and after the season and we are in the same spot after next season. He will be gone.

We would also need to know that talent would actually be coming back the next year. That’s a huge part of why we are in this mess.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Why do people talk about Carton so much when he hasn't mentioned any of the schools he is interested in? ISU reached out, but other than that he hasn't shown any interest. If CW states it or it is reported somewhere else I will believe he isn't an option (unless he is that good at keeping things secret).
It’s been reported, and rumored.

And it just makes a lot of sense! He’s a local point guard recruit looking for a new home. Prohm has a great record with point guards, and we’ll have a roster that will make a pg very successful.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
We have really had some terrible luck the last calendar year as far as basketball goes lol. THT, Wiggs, and Lard all leave and put a damper in our roster for this year. We weren't able to get anyone to help. 2 of our incoming freshman leave. Our season wasn't going well and we lose Tyrese for the rest of the year, who was the one bright spot for us. And now he's leaving too.
I don't think Lard so much "left" but your point still stands.

Reactions: 9104Griffith

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think Lard so much "left" but your point still stands.
From what I was told, Lard's departure was mutual between him and Prohm. Either way, he was incredibly difficult to deal with and him not being able to figure it out hurt us this year. I do not think that he was the magic pill that would've fixed last season but he was a sure talent and was a tremendous spark plug.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Don't think it has much effect especially if Carton is planning on sitting out

I'd agree. Scrubb testing the NBA waters and was the expectation before he chose Louisville. Some programs didn't quit recruiting him due to it. Everyone thought it would be a 1 n done regardless. Their coaches knew for a while and a reason they took one of the top grad transfer guards just prior to Scrubb making it official. I don't think it'll affect Carton's decision either way, I am sure he was well aware of the roster before too.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
From what I was told, Lard's departure was mutual between him and Prohm. Either way, he was incredibly difficult to deal with and him not being able to figure it out hurt us this year. I do not think that he was the magic pill that would've fixed last season but he was a sure talent and was a tremendous spark plug.

Lard hit some incredible highs his freshman season, but mostly had trouble staying on the court considering the rate at which he was fouling.

His sophomore year was mostly just the fouling.

I would have much rather have had a healthy Solomon that year than the distraction that Lard provided, but I guess it is nice we have Solo next year.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Lard hit some incredible highs his freshman season, but mostly had trouble staying on the court considering the rate at which he was fouling.

His sophomore year was mostly just the fouling.

I would have much rather have had a healthy Solomon that year than the distraction that Lard provided, but I guess it is nice we have Solo next year.
Lard was so frustrating because you could see how talented he was. If he put in the work like a guy like Ejim did, he would have been all-conference and a potential NBA player.

Reactions: Lyon309Cy

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Lard was so frustrating because you could see how talented he was. If he put in the work like a guy like Ejim did, he would have been all-conference and a potential NBA player.

Yep, the guy averaged something like 13/9 in the B12 as a freshman; that just screams potential.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Yeah, the guy oozed talent.

He had most of his best games against our best foes, too --

upload_2020-4-10_10-9-4.png

21 / 16 against Texas? -- in 20 minutes!?!

19 / 17 against Oklahoma? -- the Trae Young Oklahoma?

19 / 11 against Kansas? -- heck it was Kansas?

If the guy could have averaged 80% of that consistently, wow.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, the guy oozed talent.

He had most of his best games against our best foes, too --

View attachment 71109

21 / 16 against Texas? -- in 20 minutes!?!

19 / 17 against Oklahoma? -- the Trae Young Oklahoma?

19 / 11 against Kansas? -- heck it was Kansas?

If the guy could have averaged 80% of that consistently, wow.
Wow.. Looking at that makes me incredibly sad lol

Reactions: isutrevman

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Pretty simple with Lard...Had he stayed away from the green he would have been here at ISU. Prohm gave him more than 4-5 chances and then some.

You can only do so much for a young man.