Pemsl enters transfer portal

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
You're bringing in a terrible recruiting class and have little to no success bringing in any sort of transfers.. If you're expecting these players to be unreal, then fine have at it. I'm not saying Iowa's going to go back to the Lickliter days, I'm just saying they're definitely going to take a step back. If I'm wrong in two years feel free to come back and let me know and I'll admit I was wrong.
Iowa will take a step back next year

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Maybe we need to learn the Garza prison workout to toughen up our players. No soap in the showers!;)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And all 3 had better records than ISU this year.
Wins dont necessarily mean better. BC and VT were rated worse than ISU in Kenpom. Hell, go take a look to see where BC was ranked, its brutal.

But I'll remember that W-L records matter to you more than logic, metrics, or rankings.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Difference is that Niang is far better at it than JBo. He’s absolutely terrible at it and is a wannabe.
Jbo is like the 4th or 5th best player on that team but acts like he's a star. Georges was one of the top 15 players in college

Reactions: CyDude16

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yeah Iowa fans are going to come crashing back down to earth two years from now and it's not going to be pretty.
Frangaret will struggle with derpth next year. Sub patterns will destroy them next year. Frangaret is the limiting factoid w this program. I am betting 3-4 less wins and a bubble. Fred wins home and away this year for newbie.Frangaret gets more techs this year than any other year at Iowa. Luka does not repeat the trophy haul from personal success. Frank will start ******** by 2/1. Jorbo, Harry, and Lloyd will be tweeting about final fours this summer. @TRYHARDER will be in a cast by early July from beating himself to said tweets. Iowa hammers isu and gets a 2 seed to nit.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa will take a step back next year
I don't actually think they'll take a step back. I think they're going to still be very solid, but I don't think they're going to be great either. Fran's going to have a lot of decisions to make as far as distributing playing time and that has been his achilles heal his entire career. As much as I hated Kriener, I think that he was the second best player this year for Iowa throughout the year. CJ would've been my next choice he was very injury prone. Replacing Kriener's stability will definitely be interesting.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Frangaret will struggle with derpth next year. Sub patterns will destroy them next year. Frangaret is the limiting factoid w this program. I am betting 3-4 less wins and a bubble. Fred wins home and away this year for newbie.Frangaret gets more techs this year than any other year at Iowa. Luka does not repeat the trophy haul from personal success. Frank will start ******** by 2/1. Jorbo, Harry, and Lloyd will be tweeting about final fours this summer. @TRYHARDER will be in a cast by early July from beating himself to said tweets. Iowa hammers isu and gets a 2 seed to nit.
This was a joy to read lol. And I agree with some of it. There's about a 97% chance we see multiple Iowa players go to Twitter to tell everyone they're going to do "something special" next year, or "watch out next year" or "we're coming next year".

If we end up breaking the streak in football, they'll all be quote tweeting our football account tweets and say "just wait for what's in store come December" or some s*** like that. It'll be joyous.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Rate my posts funny all you want, Iowa players have the most twitter fingers out of maybe anyone in the entire country. The mini Fran's have been doing it since they were in high school and they tweeted at the IHSAA when one of them didn't win Mr. Basketball lol.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't actually think they'll take a step back. I think they're going to still be very solid, but I don't think they're going to be great either. Fran's going to have a lot of decisions to make as far as distributing playing time and that has been his achilles heal his entire career. As much as I hated Kriener, I think that he was the second best player this year for Iowa throughout the year. CJ would've been my next choice he was very injury prone. Replacing Kriener's stability will definitely be interesting.

Iowa was trending to be a 7-9 seed this year in the tourney. I'd expect a fade to a similar seed next year

FightForIowa

Apr 9, 2020
Rate my posts funny all you want, Iowa players have the most twitter fingers out of maybe anyone in the entire country. The mini Fran's have been doing it since they were in high school and they tweeted at the IHSAA when one of them didn't win Mr. Basketball lol.

It was directed at you thinking Kriener was Iowa's 2nd best player this last season.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa was trending to be a 7-9 seed this year in the tourney. I'd expect a fade to a similar seed next year
Yeah I don't think Iowa is going to end up being a 7-9 seed next year, rather they'll be sitting around a 4-6, however there are Iowa fans now talking like they're going to be a 1-3 seed. It'll be a good year for them next year but those that are claiming Iowa is a final 4 team are setting themselves up for disappointment.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah I don't think Iowa is going to end up being a 7-9 seed next year, rather they'll be sitting around a 4-6, however there are Iowa fans now talking like they're going to be a 1-3 seed. It'll be a good year for them next year but those that are claiming Iowa is a final 4 team are setting themselves up for disappointment.

What was Fran's best seed in his career? 7? Add in another son who will get undeserved minutes and an oversized rotation and I think that is their ceiling

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It was directed at you thinking Kriener was Iowa's 2nd best player this last season.
Maybe 2nd best player was an exaggeration. IMO, he was very solid throughout the year and provided a great compliment to Garza. He developed a pretty good back to the basket game and could stretch the defense to the 3pt line. Both CJ and Weiskamp are better than him, but CJ was constantly hurt and Weiskamp was incredibly inconsistent.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What was Fran's best seed in his career? 7? Add in another son who will get undeserved minutes and an oversized rotation and I think that is their ceiling
Well, yes. I mean we're just going to have to wait and see how Fran handles the roster.