Metcalf Possibly Leaving?

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
No idea if this is true or not, but rumors are swirling that Mark Perry is leaving the Hawk Wrestling Club and going to Arizona State and in turn Metcalf will go back to Iowa to run the Hawk Wrestling Club. Anyone hearing anything?

If true, who would we look at to bring in as an assistant?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I have a hard time seeing Metcalf going to take over the HWC, and haven't heard any rumors of him leaving. But weirder things have happened.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Frank Molinaro was just hired as an assistant at ASU today. The rumor is Perry will be joining Sunkist Kids, not ASU and taking all the girls with him. If Perry is leaving HWC I would assume it would be due to budgeting for himself and athletes. If that's the case it wouldn't make sense for HWC to turn around offer Metcalf a bigger salary than he's making here to go run an RTC. Hope all is rumor!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Would not be surprised. Perry seems to jump around a lot. That way he can take credit for stuff but avoid the negatives that happened.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Would not be surprised. Perry seems to jump around a lot. That way he can take credit for stuff but avoid the negatives that happened.

I am guessing Perry with the women wrestlers to the Sunkist Kids is probably true. Just doubting Metcalf will go coach the HWC.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Isn’t there way too much bad blood in Iowa City for Metcalf to go back there?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
How does this Mineo guy continue to have so many people following and retweeting his stuff?

This is NOT directed at the OP at all, so please don’t take it that way. Mineo drops bombs all the time and gets everyone in a stir. Seems like about 1% of his **** ends up sticking.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
IA Wrestle is reporting he’s leaving and they usually are pretty good about reporting accurate stories.... somethings not adding up here

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Perry is leaving for Sunkist Kids. But it isn’t because he’s upset and Iowa isn’t dropping their women’s program. That’s the fake news part.

No idea on Metcalf. Doesn’t feel likely. Iowa will aim higher from an experience standpoint.

If someone left, I would love to have Morningstar on staff. He is the ace recruiter for the hawks. But from a convo I have had with a buddy when Dresser got hired, I don't think that would happen

It was no doubt said by our friend CyTwins in jest. Morningstar isn’t leaving Iowa for a parallel move to ISU. Not only does it defy logic but it takes him away from his farm.

Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Perry is leaving for Sunkist Kids. But it isn’t because he’s upset and Iowa isn’t dropping their women’s program. That’s the fake news part.

No idea on Metcalf. Doesn’t feel likely. Iowa will aim higher from an experience standpoint.

It was no doubt said by our friend CyTwins in jest. Morningstar isn’t leaving Iowa for a parallel move to ISU. Not only does it defy logic but it takes him away from his farm.

Yeah I was joking about Morningstar. Metcalf isn't leaving.

I'm not surprised Perry leff the orange farm. Rumor is most of the HWC donors are tapped out so it makes sense to go somewhere and get paid more like Sunkist

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids

It actually wasn't from CyTwins, I was texting a buddy that is very good friends with Morningstar.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hearing Iowa can't afford to keep the women so they're cutting them loose and that's why Perry left. Gilman is the definition of a Hawkeye but I could see him following with. Perry is his guy

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
Hearing Iowa can't afford to keep the women so they're cutting them loose and that's why Perry left. Gilman is the definition of a Hawkeye but I could see him following with. Perry is his guy

Lee is the guy moving forward. I personally don't think Gilman will leave Iowa, but I would see why if he does.