Pemsl enters transfer portal

FightForIowa

Apr 9, 2020
Look, Garza was unbelievable last year. He was virtually unstoppable. He was essentially the only reason Iowa was in a lot of their games and won some. Sure there were times other guys played well, but Garza had the entire program on his back last year. That starting lineup you just listed would get run out of most gyms, unless you're expecting each and everyone of them to make leaps and bounds in their abilities.

Toussaint was out of control and flat out can't shoot. Both Fredrick and Wieskamp started folding when any player got into their grill, plus Wieskamp is gone after next year. McCaffery is flat out not good offensively. He can't shoot unless he's absolutely wide open, and Garza won't be there to pass it into for basically an automatic assist. Nunge hasn't played in like two years so you can't expect him to be an unreal player unless you're basing it off of pure optimism. He wasn't even good his freshman year.

I'm not worried about that lineup whatsoever. There's a better chance that in two years both Iowa State and Iowa are bad than one of them being really good.

Wieskamp may be gone after next season, that would change things.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wieskamp may be gone after next season, that would change things.
I understand your perspective on things. Iowa had a good year and you are hoping things have changed. But the reality is that Iowa was just an okay team last year without Luka. Games were literally determined by whether or not Luka was in foul trouble.

I would just focus on next year and have fun with it. Don't worry about the future or else you won't enjoy next year as much.

FightForIowa

Apr 9, 2020
I understand your perspective on things. Iowa had a good year and you are hoping things have changed. But the reality is that Iowa was just an okay team last year without Luka. Games were literally determined by whether or not Luka was in foul trouble.

I would just focus on next year and have fun with it. Don't worry about the future or else you won't enjoy next year as much.

Disagree, it hurts as an ISU fan when your program is in such a bad place. I get it, but the Iowa program isnt quite as doomed as you make it out to be, in my opinion.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Disagree, it hurts as an ISU fan when your program is in such a bad place. I get it, but the Iowa program isnt quite as doomed as you make it out to be, in my opinion.
You're bringing in a terrible recruiting class and have little to no success bringing in any sort of transfers.. If you're expecting these players to be unreal, then fine have at it. I'm not saying Iowa's going to go back to the Lickliter days, I'm just saying they're definitely going to take a step back. If I'm wrong in two years feel free to come back and let me know and I'll admit I was wrong.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
You're bringing in a terrible recruiting class and have little to no success bringing in any sort of transfers.. If you're expecting these players to be unreal, then fine have at it. I'm not saying Iowa's going to go back to the Lickliter days, I'm just saying they're definitely going to take a step back. If I'm wrong in two years feel free to come back and let me know and I'll admit I was wrong.

In two years that dude will be on his 9,000th username.

FightForIowa

Apr 9, 2020

I am not expecting them to be unreal, pretty much all of them wont be expected to contribute anything next season. I am not saying Iowa will be loaded in 21-22 but to expect us to come crashing back down to earth seemed to be implying you were thinking we would be Lickliter bad.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I am not expecting them to be unreal, pretty much all of them wont be expected to contribute anything next season. I am not saying Iowa will be loaded in 21-22 but to expect us to come crashing back down to earth seemed to be implying you were thinking we would be Lickliter bad.
Dude lol no. Lickliter was absolutely terrible. I highly doubt they'll ever be that bad again unless McCaffery gets canned and they have to have a rebuilding year or two.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Iowa is a pretty good poster child for the axiom --

One guy can change everything in college basketball.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa is a pretty good poster child for the axiom --

One guy can change everything in college basketball.
That one guy has obviously put in some work to get to this point, I don't think anyone expected that he'd have the year he did.
An interesting poll question would be who helped him get to these heights more, Fran or the Felon?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That one guy has obviously put in some work to get to this point, I don't think anyone expected that he'd have the year he did.
An interesting poll question would be who helped him get to these heights more, Fran or the Felon?
His dad 100%. He might be super annoying and controlling / obsessive but he's the one with the constant connection to Luka.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
From what I can tell Luka himself deserves the most credit.

He is 21 years old. Most of what happens is now on him, not forces around him.

Give the young man credit for what *he* has done.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You’re right why take a 5th year B1G player with more career rebounds than anyone on your roster. Then again why come to Ames if VT, Cincy, BC are calling.
All the schools you rattled off there have been to a Sweet 16 more recently than Iowa :), maybe he was at the wrong school all along.

Reactions: CyTwins

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Are there any targets for the open scholarships? I'm not hearing much of anything. I would guess you can bank a couple but not all 4.