New transfer target ...

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
We'd better have a hell of a football season next year in order for me to forget about the basketball season.. I would personally sign up for a 10-2 football season if it meant our basketball team sucked again though.
Having fans in the stands will certainly help!

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
if Dejuan is a sit out this means very little...

Has Prohm just conceded 2020? We have got to land a top tier transfer guard or we are in some big trouble.

Are we going to have 3/4 years of under .500 basketball?

I've been very vocal in supporting Prohm and that 2017 and this past year were just a victim of losing kids to NBA...But Prohm knew TH was gone and he had to land a stud PG to replace him.

I think Walker will be fine but we should not be relying on Frosh to run the offense.

Now if we can Land Dejuan or DJ or both and 1 of them is eligible right away that certainly helps.
I often agree with you, but disagree with your take on this one.
I doubt we are going to try to take 4 immediately eligible transfers. I strongly feel we need 1-2 difference makers, especially a point.
Rather than conceding 2020, Prohm may be looking to the future, and perhaps he is thinking he has a future at ISU beyond 2020.
I hope we go hard after this kid.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I often agree with you, but disagree with your take on this one.
I doubt we are going to try to take 4 immediately eligible transfers. I strongly feel we need 1-2 difference makers, especially a point.
Rather than conceding 2020, Prohm may be looking to the future, and perhaps he is thinking he has a future at ISU beyond 2020.
I hope we go hard after this kid.

I’d take the four best players no matter what. If we can’t get a P6 guy, bank one and hopefully no more than that.

Reactions: heitclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
But you’re right, I’d be happy if we did somehow manage to land both!
We have really had some terrible luck the last calendar year as far as basketball goes lol. THT, Wiggs, and Lard all leave and put a damper in our roster for this year. We weren't able to get anyone to help. 2 of our incoming freshman leave. Our season wasn't going well and we lose Tyrese for the rest of the year, who was the one bright spot for us. And now he's leaving too.

Reactions: Thompsonclone

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
The money is already there as long as FB is played this fall or next spring.

With or without fans in the stands? If the team sniffs .500 and with possible budget challenges, there is no way Prohm gets fired.

Actually for freshment in sports for both hoops and football, they could have a fairly easy transition given there may not be any hostile crowds to face on the road.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Unless covid19 related cuts further into the budget?

If next season is terrible with no hope for the future, there will be a big loss in tickets sold, donations, and merchandise.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I am in the take 2 sit outs, take 2 immediates...I mean we probably arent going to be any good next year anyway get some decent pieces so we arent in the same boat in a year

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
If next season is terrible with no hope for the future, there will be a big loss in tickets sold, donations, and merchandise.

If we are being realistic we know that all teams are going to take a big hit in actual attendance most likely. (Assume people can attend games)

But you are right if your team stinks why risk going at all

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Would be a huge get. Imagine a backcourt of Dejulius, Carton, and Bolton in 2021-22!

Regardless of one’s thoughts on Prohm’s status for 2021-22, having two sitout transfers will benefit the program more than low end grad transfers.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Would be a huge get. Imagine a backcourt of Dejulius, Carton, and Bolton in 2021-22!

Regardless of one’s thoughts on Prohm’s status for 2021-22, having two sitout transfers will benefit the program more than low end grad transfers.
Has DJ put out anything along the lines of a commitment list or a timetable for his decisions?

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
The only way I could see Steve staying if we don't make the tournament next year would be if we play very well to end the year, rattle off like 5 wins in a row or something, and end up on the wrong side of the bubble with like 18 wins. If we end up on the wrong side of the bubble because we faded, Steve's gone. If we never even reach the bubble, Steve's gone.

Basically take a page of out the Shaka Smart book.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011

Why do people talk about Carton so much when he hasn't mentioned any of the schools he is interested in? ISU reached out, but other than that he hasn't shown any interest. If CW states it or it is reported somewhere else I will believe he isn't an option (unless he is that good at keeping things secret).

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Why do people talk about Carton so much when he hasn't mentioned any of the schools he is interested in? ISU reached out, but other than that he hasn't shown any interest. If CW states it or it is reported somewhere else I will believe he isn't an option (unless he is that good at keeping things secret).

CNNSI reported right after he went into the portal ISU would be an option if Haliburton officially turned pro and Iowa beat reporters and Matt Bain last week have stated ISU is pursuing Carton.
I haven't seen anything from Carton and who he is considering beyond that. May just be a pipe dream at this point that DJ is coming to Ames and then get a waiver but I do think Prohm is in contact and he is an option.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

It’s been reported that he wants to be close to home, and it’s been reported Iowa State has recruiting him more than any school around his home. It’s also been rumored he’s between Louisville and Iowa State, while leaning towards Louisville(I know, not close to home).

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Iowa State is involved with Carton