Survivor: Winners at War

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I bet Adam is a nice guy in real
Life. That being said glad he is gone.
I have to say Tony seems to be a few steps ahead of everyone. I think he realizes he needs to hide behind people which is smart for him. The. He can make some moves later.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Adam is waaaaaaaay out of his league in this game.

That said, the editing almost had me fooled. Based on the focus tonight and the fact that this is a game like no other Survivor, I was half convinced that the fleur-de-lis was really an idol and that Sarah would end up going home. Loved the way Jeff handled it.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
On a fun side note, in our pick-em game here at home, he's only got Nick, Tony & Tyson left. The other seven are mine. The three I lost were Yul (my first pick), Parvati (third), and Ethan (ninth).

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Adam is waaaaaaaay out of his league in this game.

That said, the editing almost had me fooled. Based on the focus tonight and the fact that this is a game like no other Survivor, I was half convinced that the fleur-de-lis was really an idol and that Sarah would end up going home. Loved the way Jeff handled it.

yeah that’s why Jeff is so good. He made a couple give the “oh crap” look. Survivor is sooooo good. It never disappoints. Some seasons are better and some not as good. Even the not so good seasons are better than any other competition show

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
That was one of the most entertaining tribals and after the week I have had I needed a good laugh to take my mind off things. For minute I wondered if Ben was getting voted off while he argued with Adam. Adam needed to be voted off long before this. I was nervous for Sarah too, she's still my #1 to root for this season.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
That was one of the most entertaining tribals and after the week I have had I needed a good laugh to take my mind off things. For minute I wondered if Ben was getting voted off while he argued with Adam. Adam needed to be voted off long before this. I was nervous for Sarah too, she's still my #1 to root for this season.
Yeah - that whole bit with them arguing while everyone else was running around and whispering was pretty funny. I'm tempted to go back & watch the segment around camp after the immunity challenge, because I think nearly every name except Kim's was mentioned as a target. I lost track of which ones were trying to drum up support for voting out which other ones!

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
The tribal was great, but wish we didn't have to spend a quarter of the episode justifying Michele's terrible decision to spend FOUR fire tokens on a coin flip idol. Seriously, this might be my least favorite advantage they have ever introduced. Strips away a lot of the strategy associated with idols that have made them so popular.

Seems like the "big targets" are running this thing (Kim, Tony, Jeremy, Tyson kinda), whereas Nick and Michele are scrambling just to stay afloat. Sophie and Sarah seem to be in a power position as well. Ben and Denise are the wildcards to me. I wonder if those Big 4 will manage to stay together and hold off the other players from targeting them.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I could see Ben winning the whole thing. Guy has got game.

Reactions: CYdTracked

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Hes one of my favorite players but I just have a bad feeling one of these days he'll say something dumb and wind up getting blindsided as a result.

I loved him ever since the Ben bombs. He has a way about him where he can kind of be outspoken and get away with it so we'll see.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My rankings right now as for best chance to win (excluding EOE folks).

1. Jeremy
2. Sophie
3. Kim
4. Denise
5. Ben
6. Sarah
7. Michelle
8. Tony
9. Tyson
10. Nick

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The tribal was great, but wish we didn't have to spend a quarter of the episode justifying Michele's terrible decision to spend FOUR fire tokens on a coin flip idol. Seriously, this might be my least favorite advantage they have ever introduced. Strips away a lot of the strategy associated with idols that have made them so popular.

Seems like the "big targets" are running this thing (Kim, Tony, Jeremy, Tyson kinda), whereas Nick and Michele are scrambling just to stay afloat. Sophie and Sarah seem to be in a power position as well. Ben and Denise are the wildcards to me. I wonder if those Big 4 will manage to stay together and hold off the other players from targeting them.

At first I was in your corner in that its a dumb decision. However I thought more about it and she might have figured better to use them on at least something then take them home as souvenirs.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
What are everyone's thoughts about Sarah giving her reward to Nick? It seems like it will do more harm than good.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
At first I was in your corner in that its a dumb decision. However I thought more about it and she might have figured better to use them on at least something then take them home as souvenirs.
That's the counterargument. Would she get the opportunity to spend them again? Maybe not, but she can only use this advantage until the Final 7. There's still 3 votes after that. I get why she did it, but still think it was the wrong move, and one that took up entirely too much airtime to justify.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
What are everyone's thoughts about Sarah giving her reward to Nick? It seems like it will do more harm than good.
She said in confessional that she did it for personal reasons, and not for the game. I believe that she believes that, but it was a terrible move because no one was gonna see that as a thoughtless act (and they didn't, not even Nick).

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I am so glad Adam is finally gone. I actually think Tony might have a chance to win it, but odds are he’ll say something stupid and go home

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I do believe she just did it from the heart since it was his birthday. She's too smart a player to think it would do her any good strategically.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

Not sure how that plays out but based on the reactions it got probably wasn't a good move. I get why she did it and she explained to Tony that she wanted to be a decent human being and do it because it was Nick's birthday and they had just kept him in the dark on the last vote so she claims she didn't do it as a game play to want something in return but just wanted to be a decent human being. It's a tough spot because part of the game is the social aspect too so those things can work to your advantage or backfire based on how people perceive it.

I completely agree with Tony's philosophy of the strong players need to stick together right now and get the "hyenas" else the best players who are the most deserving aren't going to be there in the end. Voting out Adam got 1 of those hyenas out last night as he's been the one causing the most chaos and drama lately and needed to go. He reeked of desperation last night so I'm glad he's done at tribal for now although like Rob joked last night they may need some group therapy at the edge. I really don't want to see a final 3 of Michelle, Kim and either Nick or Sophie because there are just so many more deserving players this season. I have always found Tony annoying but he's a good player that I kind of want him to stay around longer as long as he's working with Sarah.

It was such an awkward tribal last night with him and Ben going back and forth while everyone else whispered amongst themselves. For a moment I thought maybe Ben was in for a blindside and didn't even know it but he must have known enough that he wasn't concerned with the votes to do what he did without having to check in with everyone else before they voted. Ben already has had a few awkward moments and that he is also a threat in challenges he's probably going to be a target soon if he says something to the wrong person.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Nice moment but not good for her game. Too many times do people get burned by a weakness in the game. Be human after the game, you wanna win keep your foot to the pedal.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I am not understanding the whole "strong" vs. "weak" players narrative. Sure some personalities are "stronger", but I dont see many people driving this games on their own. Ben and Jeremy have a leg up, but even they are weary to do too much directing in fear of placing the target squarely on them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron