Iowa Football Recruiting

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Howard Brown commits to being a Cyclone. Fantastic get and a kid that will probably pull in offers upon offers down the road.

6’2 288 and plays QB for his high school team. Freak.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Howard Brown commits to being a Cyclone. Fantastic get and a kid that will probably pull in offers upon offers down the road.

6’2 288 and plays QB for his high school team. Freak.

Always nice to beat a National Championship winning coach on a recruit

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Mbow went from nearly committing to Iowa and naming Iowa as his leader, to no longer mentioning Iowa as one of the schools standing out to him in the span of two months. If you want to believe that’s solely the product of how much better Iowa State and Nebraska are doing at recruiting him (but apparently only over the last two months), have at it.
tenor.gif

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Not sure if it has anything to do with Mbow-chick-a-wow-wow but it looks like Iowa is sitting well with an OT from Missouri who has a pretty sick list of offers. No guarantees yet but we'll see.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Not sure if it has anything to do with Mbow-chick-a-wow-wow but it looks like Iowa is sitting well with an OT from Missouri who has a pretty sick list of offers. No guarantees yet but we'll see.

Yup. Iowa is also in a good position with a Top 150 OT from Illinois, David Davidkov. Iowa is in his final four with Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin. Michigan has long been favored, but the guys at 247 claim Iowa has a lot of momentum here and is right there with Michigan now.

247 also has Iowa as a co-favorite (along with Michigan) for 4* Rayshaun Benny from Michigan. Iowa wants him at OT, but he allegedly prefers DL, which is where most other schools are recruiting him, so will be interesting to see how that plays out.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This is Benji I'm pretty sure. Brodie would be a realistic username for the "grad student"
Going onto a rivals forum and bumping a non front page thread by posting at 3:17am can tell a lot too.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yup. Iowa is also in a good position with a Top 150 OT from Illinois, David Davidkov. Iowa is in his final four with Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin. Michigan has long been favored, but the guys at 247 claim Iowa has a lot of momentum here and is right there with Michigan now.

247 also has Iowa as a co-favorite (along with Michigan) for 4* Rayshaun Benny from Michigan. Iowa wants him at OT, but he allegedly prefers DL, which is where most other schools are recruiting him, so will be interesting to see how that plays out.

What took you so long to come back here?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I think he goes Big Blue. Those north Chicago suburb fams are all about being elite and regularly slobber over Michigan. Elite academics + a program also capable of putting him in the League = Wolverine. Hope I'm wrong.

FightForIowa

Apr 9, 2020
I think he goes Big Blue. Those north Chicago suburb fams are all about being elite and regularly slobber over Michigan. Elite academics + a program also capable of putting him in the League = Wolverine. Hope I'm wrong.

The good news is he didnt commit during his call last night with Harbaugh and their 2021 QB commit, JJ McCarthy.

Its no secret Iowa would have taken a commit from Mbow a couple months ago but now have these guys ahead of him at tackle:

https://247sports.com/player/david-davidkov-46077152/

https://247sports.com/player/beau-stephens-46085237/

https://247sports.com/player/joe-alt-46094834/

With 2 commits on the offensive line already, there is not much room left at this point.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

Perfect timing for this discussion, as Steve Wiltfong just posted an article about Iowa’s OL recruiting. I would normally agree with your points above, but Davidkov is a first generation immigrant and really values Iowa’s no frills, hard-working culture. I think Michigan is still the most likely destination, but Iowa has a legitimate shot here.

mikesright

Sep 3, 2012
Not to crap all over the Clones, but you guys don’t really have any great commits in the ‘21 class yet. Only Robert Army has any real P5 offers and they’re low-level. (Louisville offers 500+ and Bonifas’ probably wasn’t committable, I don’t consider Kansas P5 :p) Any idea why?

Just seems like ISU has had better momentum in past years, like Bouman and Miller for the ‘20 class committed in 2018 for example and both had lots of decent offers. And I fully acknowledge that some of these guys committed so far are good players, just underrecruited.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not to crap all over the Clones, but you guys don’t really have any great commits in the ‘21 class yet. Only Robert Army has any real P5 offers and they’re low-level. (Louisville offers 500+ and Bonifas’ probably wasn’t committable, I don’t consider Kansas P5 :p) Any idea why?

Just seems like ISU has had better momentum in past years, like Bouman and Miller for the ‘20 class committed in 2018 for example and both had lots of decent offers. And I fully acknowledge that some of these guys committed so far are good players, just underrecruited.

Who all offered Bouman?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

ISU has a solid 21 class already, just like classes 16’ thru 20’ were.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

The 2020 class hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet. I wouldn't be getting too worked up about what the '21 class looks like at this point.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019

First off that is a lie. Louisville made 432 offers last year. That is not 500+. Secondly, Tennessee (447), Nebraska (423), Ole Miss (405), Florida (353) , Oregon (345), Michigan (301), Alabama (287) had these numbers for scholarships offers, so i don't get what your point is. And just because you don't consider Kansas P5 doesn't make it true. Because if i'm not mistaken Rutgers still plays in the BIG10 and is worse than Kansas. Go back to the Hawks boards, troll

https://herosports.com/college-football/2019-scholarship-offers-stanford-southern-miss-ahah