Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I joked hat I should have gone out with a baseball to crack the windows on that side since they need replaced as well.
A number of years ago, we had a bad hail storm in DM while I was in Canada on a fishing trip. A couple weeks before the trip, I had replaced my daughters' bedroom window, but hadn't painted the siding back. Got a new roof (waited til the next spring when prices were $1000 cheaper), $1500 for dents in my truck and cash for the new window I'd replaced.

Reactions: wxman1

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Did I really see a chance for 3-4 inches of snow Sunday night? :eek:

As Boxster would say, **** winter.
tenor.gif

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Today was to be the start of our long-awaited trip out west to see DD, SIL and little ones. Even though I cancelled our reservation last week, I'm still keeping it on my calendar. Eventually I will be able to go back to that item and change the dates.

Side note that we were to be back in time for the RTT GOAT team participation in Cy's House of Trivia, too....

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Of course. Just let me get through these 14 volumes of confusing and conflicting regulations and I'll get started.
As one of my favorite fantasy/sci fi authors would say, "There is hope in contradiction".

Or if you'd prefer science to science fiction:

How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress.

Niels Bohr

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Today was to be the start of our long-awaited trip out west to see DD, SIL and little ones. Even though I cancelled our reservation last week, I'm still keeping it on my calendar. Eventually I will be able to go back to that item and change the dates.

Side note that we were to be back in time for the RTT GOAT team participation in Cy's House of Trivia, too....
I hear ya. We went through the calendar a couple of days ago and changed a number of things, deleted others...the pages look pretty blank now.
We already missed Daddy's birthday. Our next trip was to be in June, but we backed off on that because we didn't want to spend extra money right now and it was a road trip (nothing pre-booked). We're holding out hope for the cruise in late August, but I'm not very confident about that one.
Then there are all of the rescheduled doctor and dentist appts. Tooth cleanings can wait, but I was supposed to be in IC for an imaging tomorrow - ain't no WAY I want to be at that hospital right now. :D

And then there's the hair appts...Lew's getting really shaggy, and I'm getting pretty shiny on top. :(

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I hear ya. We went through the calendar a couple of days ago and changed a number of things, deleted others...the pages look pretty blank now.
We already missed Daddy's birthday. Our next trip was to be in June, but we backed off on that because we didn't want to spend extra money right now and it was a road trip (nothing pre-booked). We're holding out hope for the cruise in late August, but I'm not very confident about that one.
Then there are all of the rescheduled doctor and dentist appts. Tooth cleanings can wait, but I was supposed to be in IC for an imaging tomorrow - ain't no WAY I want to be at that hospital right now. :D

And then there's the hair appts...Lew's getting really shaggy, and I'm getting pretty shiny on top. :(

Ain't nothing wrong with a little extra seasoning...

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
All you guys complaining about getting shaggy and needing haircuts makes me thankful I don't have to worry about that. I've been giving myself a haircut once a week, buzzing it all off, for years now. One of the "benefits" of not being one of you lucky guys who avoids the male pattern baldness issue.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
All you guys complaining about getting shaggy and needing haircuts makes me thankful I don't have to worry about that. I've been giving myself a haircut once a week, buzzing it all off, for years now. One of the "benefits" of not being one of you lucky guys who avoids the male pattern baldness issue.

I thought we were talking about manscaping.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
He only cuts it about twice a year...just before we go on vacation (or to see my father). His last haircut was before we went to the Bahamas for Battle4Atlantis last November. He was scheduled in mid-March as we were heading to Texas for my father's birthday. November to April is pretty shaggy. :D
And I LIKE his hair...and moustache...and beard...and hairy chest. I draw the line at hairy backs & butts though! ;)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
He only cuts it about twice a year...just before we go on vacation (or to see my father). His last haircut was before we went to the Bahamas for Battle4Atlantis last November. He was scheduled in mid-March as we were heading to Texas for my father's birthday. November to April is pretty shaggy. :D
And I LIKE his hair...and moustache...and beard...and hairy chest. I draw the line at hairy backs & butts though! ;)

What about noses and ears? :p

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

My wife is the same way, it took some convincing by me to start buzzing my head even though it was doing a fine job on its own of getting rid of hair. She will not let me shave my face though, I have a goatee and usually at least some stubble. She also shares your opinion on the chest and back.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
My wife is the same way, it took some convincing by me to start buzzing my head even though it was doing a fine job on its own of getting rid of hair. She will not let me shave my face though, I have a goatee and usually at least some stubble. She also shares your opinion on the chest and back.
I grew up with long hair (on girls AND guys). Lew's hair is long by modern standards, but short by my highschool standards. And my hair still reaches my waist. I've thought about cutting mine a few times, even made the appointment once. The night before I was supposed to get it cut, I had a nightmare about losing all of my hair. I figured it was a sign that I wasn't ready for short hair yet. That was about 5 years ago.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I like to let my nose hair grow out so I can groom it to better fill in my mustache. :D
I legitimately new an old guy that used to do that in the small NE Iowa town I grew up in. I don't think he new he was doing it but was definitely was something to behold. His eyebrows and ears were quite a sight as well. I don't know if Jerry curled ear hair is a thing but he could of done it. Old guy in his 80's whose wife passed and he just didn't give crap anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron