On That Note: It's No Surprise That They're Giving None Away

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
So as one of the resident country music guys here are some that instantly came to mind

"Well I walk into the room passing out $100 bills..."

Great song written by Big Kenny of Big & Rich that Tim McGraw turned into a #1 hit. Go search for the story on the song as it was written at a time Big Kenny was basically broke and down to his last dollar

One of my favorite old school country artists:

Always could use a little of this

"It's a rich man's game no matter what they call it
And you spend your life puttin' money in his wallet"

Reactions: RafterJLcy

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This is a great song that many probably don't know about. This was Jamey Johnson before he became the Jamey Johnson everyone knows today. He was clean cut and wholesome but got dropped by his record label after his debut album then kind of went down more of a dark and outlaw path with his music.

I saw Jamey in concert years ago just after "In Color" was a big hit for him and he didn't sing anything from that 1st album of his almost like he just wanted to forget that it ever existed. Looks like he finally started playing this song at some live shows in recent years though as I found a few clips out there from some live shows.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If you're a Jamey Johnson fan, here's a good song of his (in my opinion, of course)

Yes that is one I just thought of now too when The Dollar song came to my mind too. Dude has some great songs. Give It Away kind of fits this topic too, was a big hit for George Strait that he wrote

"And I said, now honey
Don't you even want your half of everything
She said give it away
Just give it away"

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
I just got paid today
Got me a pocket full of change