Pemsl enters transfer portal

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Do you really think that if Prohm spits out another 20ish loss season you can make that claim with a straight face? Especially if the Hawks have a pretty decent season. You have your head in the sand.

Your basing the prestige of a basketball program on 2 years?

First off, let's pump the brakes a bit on this year's team. They ended the year ranked 25th. They were headed for, what, a 6 seed? I think the fact they are viewed as some kind of program defining team tells you what you need to know.

Second, even if Iowa is good next year, they have nothing in the pipeline. A good year doesn't make a program.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I'll be concerned if you fire Fran and someone besides Barta makes the hire
#1 Devries #2 Jacobson #3 Fran #4 Prohm ranked by coaching ability. Flip flop Fran and Prohm if ranked by personality. I can't deny that.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

First off, let's pump the brakes a bit on this year's team. They ended the year ranked 25th. They were headed for, what, a 6 seed? I think the fact they are viewed as some kind of program defining team tells you what you need to know.

Second, even if Iowa is good next year, they have nothing in the pipeline. A good year doesn't make a program.
I don't disagree with your point at all. If next year plays out similar to this season I don't think the difference is "light years" like was said. Then where the two programs rank is subjective to what time frame you're looking at 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 years? Clones compare favorably if looking at 10 or maybe 20 years but not if you're looking at 5 or 40 years. Both programs have had some highs and lows. There hasn't been "light years" difference in either direction at all.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

7 seed at best. Fran isn't capable of getting better than a 7 seed

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
#1 Devries #2 Jacobson #3 Fran #4 Prohm ranked by coaching ability. Flip flop Fran and Prohm if ranked by personality. I can't deny that.

Unless you're related to Fran how could you think he's better than a coach who's much younger and way more accomplished?

Side note: Drake sucked this year

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't disagree with your point at all. If next year plays out similar to this season I don't think the difference is "light years" like was said. Then where the two programs rank is subjective to what time frame you're looking at 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 years? Clones compare favorably if looking at 10 or maybe 20 years but not if you're looking at 5 or 40 years. Both programs have had some highs and lows. There hasn't been "light years" difference in either direction at all.

Hey, you're the one who claimed if we have another bad year our "program" is worse. So by your own definition you're defining it as the last 2 years.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

They won in Hilton, that's like the final 4 to them.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Unless you're related to Fran how could you think he's better than a coach who's much younger and way more accomplished?

Side note: Drake sucked this year
They were bad, somehow better last year with a depleted roster. Full deck of cards for Devries this year and he could barely scratch out a .500 record in the Valley. Des Moines is only behind Chicago in Valley college towns. No excuse for Devries to not do well there. Just lost their best or 2nd best player, so not sure next year goes any better for them. Pemsl certainly won't add anything if they bite.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Devries lost in the first round of the CIT last year and went 8-10 in an awful MVC this year. Jacobson is better
How confident are you that the Clones would have beaten Drake this season after Haliburton went out?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How confident are you that the Clones would have beaten Drake this season after Haliburton went out?

Very. They were horrible. Way worse than Kansas State who was the worst team in the Big 12. Drake was worse than Nebraska lol

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
They were bad, somehow better last year with a depleted roster. Full deck of cards for Devries this year and he could barely scratch out a .500 record in the Valley. Des Moines is only behind Chicago in Valley college towns. No excuse for Devries to not do well there. Just lost their best or 2nd best player, so not sure next year goes any better for them. Pemsl certainly won't add anything if they bite.
You act like they're on an equal playing field with the other teams in the state. They were 20-14. It's not like they're a joke.

Help Support Us

Become a patron