No surprises in way to early bracket for 2021

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Love me some click bait thread titles on here.

Almost up there with the "Player Name" and that is it threads.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I've never hoped a season was cancelled before. This might be the first time, Iowa fans are going to be unbearable to start the season!

Just gotta get thru next year, and things will be back to meh with them. Garza is once a generation player.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Iowa ended the season at #25.

Iowa State ended the prior season at #25.

Kind of funny when you look at how both canvases look at those years

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
ISU in same place as this year...home
Iowa a projected 3 seed.
Garza projected as the top player in the country by ESPN......

Neither TOE prediction will happen and I hope they're wrong about us too.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Iowa will be good, but no clue why Garza is messing around with coming back. His draft stock won't magically be better next season, as this year's class is one of the weakest in 20 years. He must really think they can make a run next March. Spoiler alert, Fran is going to piss it down his leg

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Iowa will be good, but no clue why Garza is messing around with coming back. His draft stock won't magically be better next season, as this year's class is one of the weakest in 20 years. He must really think they can make a run next March. Spoiler alert, Fran is going to piss it down his leg

He has a chance to go down as the best player in Iowa history, win national player of the year, contend for a Big Ten title and make a Sweet Sixteen (or better) appearance. It doesn’t make any sense to give that up to play in the G League.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He has a chance to go down as the best player in Iowa history, win national player of the year, contend for a Big Ten title and make a Sweet Sixteen (or better) appearance. It doesn’t make any sense to give that up to play in the G League.
I'm sorry, no lol. Everything else you mentioned is probably true, but Iowa is not contending for a Big 10 title next year.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I would define contending as being 2 games or less back from first place at the end of the conference season.
I was going to say still having a mathematical chance with 4 to play. Probably not much difference.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I guess so, but none of that is guaranteed, nor is his pro future if something terrible were to happen to him next season. I'd also contend that he could make millions playing euro ball next year instead of playing for hardware at Iowa

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I'm sorry, no lol. Everything else you mentioned is probably true, but Iowa is not contending for a Big 10 title next year.

I don’t think Iowa will be quite as good as the lofty “way too early preseason” rankings they are getting right now, but it’s pretty silly to claim that a team that is a consensus Top Ten preseason team can’t compete for a conference championship.