Kansas basketball.... The Onion

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I doubt there is a P5 roster today that doesnt have a guy who got things from their AAU program that NCAA rules seem in a violation.

Why does KU keep coming up all the time and not say Ummm Iowa State, Kansas State and a lot of the others. Why is it always KU.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
The University of Kansas is not claiming the hoops NC. Some bored, bummed fans on twitter are and that's it.

I need you to know and understand that I know more about you than this, and the University is absolutely marketing and licensing the #1 AP 2020. I'm not saying I dont agree with it, and if it was ISU all of our fans would be leaning into it too, but the University is involved.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I need you to know and understand that I know more about you than this, and the University is absolutely marketing and licensing the #1 AP 2020. I'm not saying I dont agree with it, and if it was ISU all of our fans would be leaning into it too, but the University is involved.
I didnt say anything about the AP #1 because KU has been vocal about the fact that they plan to honor this year's team in some way. Some sort of "AP #1" banner separate from the national title or Fonal four banners but they felt that they wanted to do something for this unique, unfortunate ending. That's not weird or controversial; they did finish as AP #1.

But they have specifically stated that they do NOT plan to hang any sort of national title banner.

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Why does KU keep coming up all the time and not say Ummm Iowa State, Kansas State and a lot of the others. Why is it always KU.
Do the names Auburn, Okie State, Louisville, USC, etc... not sound familiar? Havent heard the recordings from the HBO special on Christian Dawkins that nail Arizona and LSU to the wall?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Do the names Auburn, Okie State, Louisville, USC, etc... not sound familiar? Havent heard the recordings from the HBO special on Christian Dawkins that nail Arizona and LSU to the wall?

IM 46 years old. Kansas has had constant heat on them since I was a kid. It's not like this is the first time. For them to pretend nothing is going on is funny. Then use the excuse "Everyone else is doing it" is just stupid.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
https://247sports.com/college/kansa...ns-reveal-details-of-beatys-firing-145577685/

Posted on Apr 3rd, 1:20 PM, , User Since 222 months ago, User Post Count: 47,371
  • Apr 3rd, 1:20 PM
  • 222 months
houtexjhawk said... (original post)How well do you think Beaty’s cash register is ringing?

In terms of his ability to fund his own defense, likely it isn't.

I read through the judge's order on allowing discovery in the Mangino and Ku bball NCAA situations. I also read KU's response to appeal her ruling and have it overturned. This appears to be one of those critical go, no-go points in this case. Obviously, should her ruling be upheld then advantage Beaty. Also, she might have showed her hand a little in her order. Beaty's claim for wages under Kansas law is based in part on showing KU willfully withheld the cash. Since Ku is claiming they would have canned Beaty had they known about the meetings with Love, their actions in previous cases comes into play. Ku is arguing every situation is different, there were different people in place, different rules, etc. But, this claim is in part an employment claim by Beaty and as such, conduct of KU in other employment matters like this come into play. Beaty is saying, meh, you would not have fired me prior to Summer 2018 for the meetings because you're not doing anything with Miles and what happened on his watch, and you let Mangino off the hook as well.

I'm betting Ku does not want to let Beaty get his hands on the documents related to the KU BBall case and if her ruling is upheld, they also don't want to shell out the dough to comply, for the depos that would result, etc. It is easy to see the legal costs going well north of $ 1 million and they are too paranoid re the situation with Bball to risk anything in that regard.

This will settle.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
IM 46 years old. Kansas has had constant heat on them since I was a kid. It's not like this is the first time. For them to pretend nothing is going on is funny. Then use the excuse "Everyone else is doing it" is just stupid.
I am not pretending that nothing is going on. I have stated openly that Preston's mom clearly took money from Adidas and that DeSousa's guardian sounds like he at least took some.

And the "everyone else is doing it" isn't exactly accurate, either. The majority of funneling of cash, gear and clothing to HS players by shoe companies isnt being done to aid any particular schools, although the Nike schools are clearly benefitting the most. It is being done as an effort to try to keep as many recruits loyal to a specific shoe brand as possible.

The size and scale of those efforts is at a scale that most people dont seem to be truthful with themselves over because then they would realize that their favorite team's roster has some technically ineligible players on their rosters as well.

It's way beyond "everyone is doing it". Even a school that does everything in perfect compliance is fishing in the same tainted pool of players. There's no chance that you have a P5 roster with zero players who have received more than the rules allow.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Just getting back from my third annual "ISU has played their last basketball game of the season so you are banned from the site until April" timeout.

No, no trophy at our house. Just bummed for the players, especially Azubuike, who was hoping to see his mother at the Final Four since the ncaa can fly family members in for that. The 2018 Final Four was the last time he saw his mom. He's been through a lot; it would have been nice for him to get one healthy run during the tourney for the first time in his career.
Were you gone? Nobody noticed.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I am not pretending that nothing is going on. I have stated openly that Preston's mom clearly took money from Adidas and that DeSousa's guardian sounds like he at least took some.

And the "everyone else is doing it" isn't exactly accurate, either. The majority of funneling of cash, gear and clothing to HS players by shoe companies isnt being done to aid any particular schools, although the Nike schools are clearly benefitting the most. It is being done as an effort to try to keep as many recruits loyal to a specific shoe brand as possible.

The size and scale of those efforts is at a scale that most people dont seem to be truthful with themselves over because then they would realize that their favorite team's roster has some technically ineligible players on their rosters as well.

It's way beyond "everyone is doing it". Even a school that does everything in perfect compliance is fishing in the same tainted pool of players. There's no chance that you have a P5 roster with zero players who have received more than the rules allow.

You remind me a lot of guy I know. Show up to a press briefing, spew complete garbage with 90% of the crap you say and write, probably believe most of it, and then complain when people call you out for being an idiot.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2020/may/06/ku-receives-ncaa-response-violations-case/

The response from the NCAA enforcement staff is one of the final steps in the case, which began when KU received the NCAA’s original Notice of Allegations in September. Now that KU has received the response from the NCAA, the next step in the process will be a hearing before the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions. It’s not known when that hearing would take place.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You remind me a lot of guy I know. Show up to a press briefing, spew complete garbage with 90% of the crap you say and write, probably believe most of it, and then complain when people call you out for being an idiot.
Don't blame me for your lack of knowledge about what is going on in AAU basketball circuits. I am sure the fact that there is no "East Coast/Central/Mountain/Pacific" AAU circuit but rather Nike, Adidas and Under Armour AAU circuits is totally coincidental.