Which one is better? Be honest!

Which logo set is better?

• Current

Votes: 22 7.8%
  • Timeless

Votes: 253 89.4%
  • Meh--don't you have some new Jack Trice stuff or something?

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters

Cyclone5234

Nov 29, 2018
Indiana
Not sure if this is the best place to post this. I was messing around on some "Classic Cyclone logo" helmet concepts and was trying to make it fit better on a helmet. I was messing with the shape a little bit, so I decided to give it a little update. I thought it looked pretty good. Let me know what you guys think. :)
1.JPG 4.JPG 2.JPG

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
Reactions: Cy37

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
All the new **** can go in the dump and buried with 100 tons of dirt. Why the people who make these decisions can't figure this out sucks. Go back to the classic designs you morons.

Now get off my lawn.
Love me some Clint! Is that ClintE? If not it should be!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Like this yes but need to consider what this or Orrnado would look like on left side of helmet. Try it. It doesn’t look right/ good. Mirror image on left side does not look good and u need to consider that, stuff like that when designing.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Not sure if this is the best place to post this. I was messing around on some "Classic Cyclone logo" helmet concepts and was trying to make it fit better on a helmet. I was messing with the shape a little bit, so I decided to give it a little update. I thought it looked pretty good. Let me know what you guys think. :)
View attachment 70993 View attachment 70994 View attachment 70995
Show me what either of these would look like on left side of helmet?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

I'm partial to the one you labeled "old"

Show me what either of these (mainly the elongated version) would look like on left side of helmet?
Here's what I was thinking about on the Orrnado and to illustrate:
The first pic looks great, I like it. However a mirror image of it on Lt side of helmet doesn't look right, pic 2. In pic 3 here, trying to fit the same Orrnado image as on the Rt helmet, to the Lt side is also problematic. Much more so with an elongated Orrnado vs. the one from @amestoplease. I know I have the Orrnado in pic 3 too far to the left, but still, you can see the dilemma. Even if you were to center the Orrnado better in pic 3, the overall look would be very asymmetrical from front to back views. Not sure how good that would look. I like this version and attempt (!) but the amestoplease version would fit the helmet better IMO.
RedHelmetRedOrrCyclonemcds.jpg RedHelmetLtSideRedOrrCyclonemcds.jpg RedHelmetLtSide2RedOrrCyclonemcds.jpg

Cyclone5234

Nov 29, 2018
Indiana
Yes, I totally agree. Something I hadn't really thought about that much when designing. My only thought was you could maybe go with the "Orrnado" on one side and numbers on the other.

Something like...

download.jpg
iSniZl8.jpg
But I'm not sure how I feel about this either.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yes, I totally agree. Something I hadn't really thought about that much when designing. My only thought was you could maybe go with the "Orrnado" on one side and numbers on the other.

Something like...

View attachment 71384
View attachment 71385
But I'm not sure how I feel about this either.
Absolutely. I thought about that too. I think if you go only 1-sided, instead of number I thought the I-State logo would work. The current AD I think might have an easier time of accepting an Orrnado-type logo if he could also have the I-State on there also. Two birds w/ one stone so to speak.
CyUni 2030  c9 wbYC1 28- w r w OrrCyRtHelRedfaceWhtStickStdIStBlkTextWhtSocksYWG8Sleeves.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Or the Orrnado on both sides and an I-State logo in back? I've only done the Orrnado in the white helmet so I'll post a w/c/c to illustrate:
CyUni 2032  c3 D19bRedCYHI wbY 28- w r r OrrCySidesIStRearHelBlkfaceWhtStick.png

Reactions: Cy37

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All I know is that we need a gold helmet NOW!

Love this Arizona State look....

New-Arizona-State-Football-Uniform-Home-1.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Agree, but Cy wears yellow boots.

He doesn't even have talons inside the boots.

I agree. The talons focus too much on the bird-like qualities whereas the essence of Cy is his cardinal-color which should be the focus. Boots fit the mythical nature of our cardinal-colored cyclone CY.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I'm torn. I like the effort to draw on the cyclone concept, but I don't really care for this version, even less because it does look too much like a longhorn logo.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron