***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It would be pretty funny if Grill leaves Iowa State to have TJ as his coach and ends up never getting to play for him because TJ ends up at... Iowa State.

Last edited:

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
It would be pretty funny if Grill leaves Iowa State to have TJ with his coach and ends up never getting to play for him because TJ ends up at... Iowa State.
Grill would just come full circle and follow TJ back to Iowa State, I would guess.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
It would be pretty funny if Grill leaves Iowa State to have TJ with his coach and ends up never getting to play for him because TJ ends up at... Iowa State.

I doubt we get a new coach in a year I think Prohm probably will get another one after next season because of this CV19.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Schools cant talk about recruits publicly until they are signed so I dont think this would be about him

But the tweet never mentions a name, so is that really a violation?

Or would it be a violation if Jacobson let Surrency know about it ahead of announcement?

All I know is that UNI would be absolutely LOADED next year if they add Carton. They already were going to be loaded without Carton, but they would seriously be a top 20 team with him IMO.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
What does a UNI announcement have to do with Carton?

Yeah it would be a bit odd for any school including UNI) to promote a commitment prior to the player announcing first.
I don’t recall seeing that with any of the major commitment this spring done that way.

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
Schools cant talk about recruits publicly until they are signed so I dont think this would be about him

You are probably right. Probably something administrative with the basketball program. I’m just desperate for some news that has to do with one of our local teams

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Starting to think the staff let Ellis know Turner was their guy.

Uh......we have 4 openings. Pretty sure we wanted Ellis for 2 years even with Turner. Maybe you’re right, but at this point wouldn’t think Prohm can afford to turn anyone away waiting on another’s decision.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Sunday Night Update, let me know where I have sinned:

PG Justice Hill (JC):
PG Darious Perry (GT):
PG Drew Buggs (GT):
PG Charles Minlend Jr. (GT):
PG DJ Carton (T-3):
CG AJ Walker (T-2):
SG Koreem Ozier (T-2):
SG Bryce Aiken (GT): ISU, Maryland, Michigan, Seton Hall
SG Trey Murphy III (T-2):
SG Terrell Gomez (GT): Arkansas, ISU, San Diego State, Washington State
SG Justin Turner (GT): ISU, Mizzou, Marquette

You know we love you.

Even if you made mistakes, those are kind very human and understandable oversights in what is a very complex and fast-moving situation few can make sense of.

The fact you try to summarize it for the rest of us is very nice of you.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Uh......we have 4 openings. Pretty sure we wanted Ellis for 2 years even with Turner. Maybe you’re right, but at this point wouldn’t think Prohm can afford to turn anyone away waiting on another’s decision.

Transfers aren't counting available scholarships they are looking for playing time. We have 2 starting spots wide open. I'd say that's our real number.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Maybe it helps with Carton but it would of been nice if he chose Marquette and made things more difficult for them to get Justin Turner.

Yes, it’s hard to know what to wish for. Who were the others on Jones list because they now could be after Carton, Aiken, etc.