Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Over 1100 people have died in the US so far today. Discuss.

Was 1200 Friday, maybe 1500 yesterday.

Repeating but someone earlier was thinking it was only 2500 dead from covid the last month...6,000 die/day in the US anyway, what's the worry?

That same poster I think predicted that more people would die from the flu still this year.

These ideas exist. That's unfortunate.

Last edited:

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
You seem like more of the troll. Every thread you're in you end up in a fight with everyone.

It doesnt matter how many people someone personally knows. The fact is they exist and need new vehicles. Period.

We either go all in, or we might as well not even bother. Just like you said, "its doesn't matter if one person goes out and gets the virus, then they will pass, it on to others, they exist, there number does not matter."

So lets all go back to work and say "screw it", hell, people die every day, auto wrecks, accidents at work, flu, what's a few more?

Since when is a pandemic and wanting to stop it trolling?

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
We either go all in, or we might as well not even bother. Just like you said, "its doesn't matter if one person goes out and gets the virus, then they will pass, it on to others, they exist, there number does not matter."

So lets all go back to work and say "screw it", hell, people die every day, auto wrecks, accidents at work, flu, what's a few more?

Since when is a pandemic and wanting to stop it trolling?

There is middle ground. It’s not an all or nothing situation. And you do understand what “flatten the curve” means right?

I hope you have a significantly different demeanor when teaching your students than you do on here.

Reactions: Doc

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
There is middle ground. It’s not an all or nothing situation. And you do understand what “flatten the curve” means right?

I hope you have a significantly different demeanor when teaching your students than you do on here.

Ya, that is what I thought staying at home was suppose to do, but this week we have a horse sell with over 400 people at that is somehow "needed and critical" to people. I see factories in Pella, making windows still working, not food, not something we need right now, but windows.
With this framework, basically almost any business short of a bar or restaurant, can say, "We have a necessary business and therefore must stay open."

As to teaching my students, sorry I do not give them the option to whether they do the assignment or not, nor should the governor.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
So what are people complaining about in your state?

This weekend they were complaining about the 100+ trucks backed up on the highway waiting to get into an ATV Park. Many were from out of state. The park was eventually shut down by the county health department. Some people just don’t get it.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Ya, that is what I thought staying at home was suppose to do, but this week we have a horse sell with over 400 people at that is somehow "needed and critical" to people. I see factories in Pella, making windows still working, not food, not something we need right now, but windows.
With this framework, basically almost any business short of a bar or restaurant, can say, "We have a necessary business and therefore must stay open."

For the 900th time, look at the link I posted above, a factory making windows is essential because it is providing goods for infrastructure. Also, Reynolds noted on Friday that "Manufacturing" is considered essential. So you are going to be really disappointed if a SIP is ordered and Pella Windows is forced to close.

Also, just because you don't think it is essential doesn't mean the federal and state government agrees with you.

It's really now that hard to understand of you actually look at the link I posted.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World

As to teaching my students, sorry I do not give them the option to whether they do the assignment or not, nor should the governor.

Blame the Department of Homeland Security then. It's their list of essential businesses that things still open are based on.

And your 'demeanor' has nothing to do with whether your students assignments are done or not. Its about how you treat them. I hope its significantly different there than on here.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
giphy.gif
No one said Shenanigan's...

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So with only 3 or 4 people working, they either have offer little to know service, or its a second hand dealership.

Look its an pandemic, I know that does not bother some people, but until we lock it all down, its not going to slow down.
It like using birth control every other time, and then wondering, How did she get pregnant.

The more people that stay at home, the better chance we have to control it.

You are losing it.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

I haven't seen you this worked up since Iowa State renovated some recreation fields instead of turning them into a parking lot.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I haven't seen you this worked up since Iowa State renovated some recreation fields instead of turning them into a parking lot.

True that, look I have a special needs daughter, and I will say, this virus scares the hell of my wife and I. If she gets it, she will not survive it.

So when I see people out, others going on like no big deal, its just the flu. Ya, it pisses me off.

We are doing everything we can to keep her safe, but we both realize it only takes one person that really doesn't care, and we get it, and bring it home to her.

So ya, I am fired out about it.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
True that, look I have a special needs daughter, and I will say, this virus scares the hell of my wife and I. If she gets it, she will not survive it.

So when I see people out, others going on like no big deal, its just the flu. Ya, it pisses me off.

We are doing everything we can to keep her safe, but we both realize it only takes one person that really doesn't care, and we get it, and bring it home to her.

It sucks you are in that situation, but there is NOT going to be a total lock down and anyone who thinks there is, is going to be disappointed. Honestly, the best thing for you and your family is to lock yourself down. I actually have a friend who locked his family down.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

I was referring to you being worked up about car dealerships, but best of luck to you and your family.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Your concerns are valid...as others have mentioned, is locking you and yours down possible? Have someone deliver groceries if needed?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

In all seriousness, your family needs to be extra vigilant. We each control our own exposure to a great extent, no matter what others around us are doing or not doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.