***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm not seeing it with Gomez, but if Gonzaga is interested, probably worth taking a look. That said, with Gonzaga showing interest, I'd be really surprised if he picks us. Has Steve really tanked Iowa State to a level where talented transfers aren't even interested? Really sad if true

The more I dig into him the more I like him. That being said he's going to be hard to get from the West coast but that's why Prohm gets the big bucks

CyState85

May 8, 2019
How does everybody think the minutes will shake out for next year with what we currently have? I’m assuming Conditt, Young, and Foster will eat up 65-75 minutes, Bolton will play 30, Johnson maybe 20-25, and Jackson around 20-25. That leaves a lot of minutes to go around and some interesting lineups if Foster can hit 3’s And freshman contribute. I think you get the best PG, best shooter, best rebounder, and best sit out you can get.

I wouldn’t sleep on Buggs—-I see Nick Weiler Babb when I watch him play.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
How does everybody think the minutes will shake out for next year with what we currently have? I’m assuming Conditt, Young, and Foster will eat up 65-75 minutes, Bolton will play 30, Johnson maybe 20-25, and Jackson around 20-25. That leaves a lot of minutes to go around and some interesting lineups if Foster can hit 3’s And freshman contribute. I think you get the best PG, best shooter, best rebounder, and best sit out you can get.

I was gonna sleep on him

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Depends on what we add but Bolton is a 30+ minute guy.

Adding a quality PG should max Jackson out around 20 unless we struggle finding quality wings to handle the 3.

Young, Conditt and Foster should max around 60.

I see Johnson 25-30 but that's a guess not knowing who we add or how ready the Freshmen will be.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Would we take both Buggs and Gomez??

If not, and you had a choice between the two, who do you take?

From my understanding, they are two totally different PGs, right? Buggs is a floor leader, distributor, ball security guy, but not great shooter or scorer.... and Gomez is a scoring PG. Is Gomez actually more of a 2 guard??

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM

From my understanding, they are two totally different PGs, right? Buggs is a floor leader, distributor, ball security guy, but not great shooter or scorer.... and Gomez is a scoring PG. Is Gomez actually more of a 2 guard??
Personally I would take Buggs so you have a primary facilitator and hope like heck you can land another guard who can score like a Turner

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I think they're pretty equal in terms of talent. They'd help the team in way different ways. I'd probably lean Gomez

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa

I would lean towards Buggs. Especially if you can get a guy like Justin Turner to fill the scoring void of Buggs.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The more I dig into him the more I like him. That being said he's going to be hard to get from the West coast but that's why Prohm gets the big bucks
His highlight reel is a fun watch, but it isn't against the most stellar of competition. Just not sure how he'd hold up, especially defensively, against the Big 12 grind

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
At this point a lot is riding on either Turner or Aiken committing.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Would it be inappropriate to start a GoFundMe account for carton to isu? Asking for a friend.

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa
Im still optimistic that Prohm’s getting guys to the NBA track record will help with grad transfers like Aiken/Turner