Pemsl enters transfer portal

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Fizer? That was a joke right?

Did you just say it’s not like Pemsl was a lottery pick, and then compare him to a lottery pick? Pemsl and Fizer are light years apart in about everything, maybe find a better comparison. Maybe this was a joke?

I said as a Freshman, they had the same style of play around the basket. NO he is not a lottery pick, quit jumping to conclusions and making things up.

As a freshman, I really liked his game, but the knee injuries took away his ability to jump and run the floor.
It is possible to hate Iowa, and think that they have a decent player or two on their roster. Hell, I would take Garza right now at ISU, I care less that he cannot run the floor that well, he is a post player that is good for a double double every night. When we the last time we had that?

Last edited:

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
SE Cyclone is one of the biggest hok trolls on this board, I wouldn't read much into it

I'm a Squawk troll because I said I liked the kids game as a freshman?
We have had season tickets for football at ISU for over a decade, tailgate every game to the south of the stadium.

Damn, you mention that you liked a player at Iowa and the crap hits the fan. Do we really have to label everyone that says something good about Iowa a TROLL. This is starting to sound like the political board and the Bernie people.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yeah Id hate having a little ***** like Garza on my team. Sucks super hard core.

I didn't say I wouldn't want Garza on ISU, did I?

If a player is good enough, you don't care about their personality traits too much.

But Connor, Pemsl or Kreiner, etc.... I'll take a huge pass. They're punks, but they also suck too.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Iowa's roster is full of guys like this. Connor is the best at it. Pemsl was probably next best. Garza loves to talk and stare down opposing players, until they get ticked off at him, then he runs away like a little beeyoch. JorBo just has a punchable face, he can't help that. And don't get me started on Kreiner, my gawd.

Weiskamp is the only attitude I like on that team. He just goes about his business. Fran probably hates him for that.

The Iowa players attitude/emotion is an extension of their coach. They make it work for them - I think their "punk" bravado makes them better and helps them win games. It is the typical scenario, Iowa fans love their behavior and opposing fans hate their behavior.

I agree with poster who mentioned ISU could use some of the attitude/emotion we see from the Hawks. Not the Punk behavior, but emotion and a bit of edge.

Pemsl is not a great player, but is a solid P5 bench player who can play 10-15 mpg. IMO he could be a solid starter for an MVC level league.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
It's not even hard to come up with the best 5

Green
Haliburton
Bolton
Wieskamp or CJ
Garza

totally agree with you there I just wasn’t sure what else was on uni or drake that could be put ahead of Connor or cj

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This would be my top 5 in Iowa..

Haliburton
AJ Green
CJ or Bolton (slight lean to CJ for me)
Weiskamp
Garza

AJ Green definitely deserves to be on that list.

Next season you probably take Haliburton off and replace with JorBo unfortunately. Big drop off there.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
This would be my top 5 in Iowa..

Haliburton
AJ Green
CJ or Bolton (slight lean to CJ for me)
Weiskamp
Garza

AJ Green definitely deserves to be on that list.

Next season you probably take Haliburton off and replace with JorBo unfortunately. Big drop off there.
Pretty spot on.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm a Squawk troll because I said I liked the kids game as a freshman?
We have had season tickets for football at ISU for over a decade, tailgate every game to the south of the stadium.

Damn, you mention that you liked a player at Iowa and the crap hits the fan. Do we really have to label everyone that says something good about Iowa a TROLL. This is starting to sound like the political board and the Bernie people.
It was more the Fizer comp than anything. If you've been a long time fan, you know that Fizer was perhaps the most talented player to ever put on the uniform. Don't diss him and say that Pensl the Punk could've been as good as him if injuries hadn't derailed his career. He isn't even on the same planet, type or caliber, of player or athlete that Fizer was. Just really pissed me off, not sure if you were serious or not.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
mccafferyjpg.jpg
Is that Dennis Rodman behind her?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
It was more the Fizer comp than anything. If you've been a long time fan, you know that Fizer was perhaps the most talented player to ever put on the uniform. Don't diss him and say that Pensl the Punk could've been as good as him if injuries hadn't derailed his career. He isn't even on the same planet, type or caliber, of player or athlete that Fizer was. Just really pissed me off, not sure if you were serious or not.
Been a fan for over 40 years, I wasn't dishing Fizer, just said his game his freshman year around the basket was the same as the Iowa kids.

You are taking this crap way to serious, the kid had talent, just injuries took their toll on him and he never had the career that he or Iowa hoped he would have. That is all I am saying.