Kansas basketball.... The Onion

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
In related newsworthy events The Iowa State University proclaims to still be the One and Only reigning big 12 tourney Champions!!!! Take that you Cheating Jayhawks!!!!...Do you remember the LA Boys...Kevin Bell and Frank Seuer?

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
“It really sucks we won’t have the chance to lift that trophy over our heads and then see it stripped away from us,” said forward Silvio De Sousa, expressing doubts that the school would ever be able to shell out the cash for such an elite roster of players again. “From the moment Coach Self recruited me with a new car, I wanted to bring a championship back to Kansas for a couple years..."

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article241644341.html

Taken together, the depositions reveal:

Allegations that Long made crass remarks of a sexual nature about an elderly female donor and a female school staffer;

That Long was shown several examples by Beaty’s lawyer of similar potential infractions committed under Miles during games and practices last year, but that Long was not moved to investigate his current coach based on what he was shown;

Long was set on hiring Miles early on in his tenure; under questioning, Long struggled to remember the names of other candidates he interviewed to replace Beaty;

Kansas Athletics sought to begin documenting Miles’ eventual hiring, a process that involved recording the activities of top administrators before Beaty was terminated, for a ESPN+ series about KU football later named “Miles to Go.”

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
KU alumni should be demanding their university president clean out the whole bunch. Start with Long and Self and go down the line. Maybe the women's soccer coach might be clean and worthy of being kept on.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Beaty's case seems to be that Ku cheats and everyone knows it. They've discriminated against him for cheating but not others, thus he's due his contracted $3 million. The judge seems to be buying-in by allowing Beaty's lawyers to introduce evidence about how Ku never responded to Mark Mangino and Les MIles's cheating, i.e. allowing analysts to coach on the field.

Now Beaty wants the court to allow a look at all the FBI/NCAA Bill Self nefariousness in discovery because he's an obvious cheater and Ku hasn't fired nor withheld his wages for it. If allowed (now under appeal) this could get so embarrassing for Ku that they settle out of court. And I believe that's Beaty's strategy. Ku doesn't want basketball to be part of this case or it could uncover even more damning evidence against the pillar of Ku athletics.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Beaty's case seems to be that Ku cheats and everyone knows it. They've discriminated against him for cheating but not others, thus he's due his contracted $3 million. The judge seems to be buying-in by allowing Beaty's lawyers to introduce evidence about how Ku never responded to Mark Mangino and Les MIles's cheating, i.e. allowing analysts to coach on the field.

Now Beaty wants the court to allow a look at all the FBI/NCAA Bill Self nefariousness in discovery because he's an obvious cheater and Ku hasn't fired nor withheld his wages for it. If allowed (now under appeal) this could get so embarrassing for Ku that they settle out of court. And I believe that's Beaty's strategy. Ku doesn't want basketball to be part of this case or it could uncover even more damning evidence against the pillar of Ku athletics.

Stay tuned.
Lol nothing will happen.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
KU alumni should be demanding their university president clean out the whole bunch. Start with Long and Self and go down the line. Maybe the women's soccer coach might be clean and worthy of being kept on.
Agree 100%

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Randomfan probably built his own NC Trophy to put in his KU basketball shrine.
Just getting back from my third annual "ISU has played their last basketball game of the season so you are banned from the site until April" timeout.

No, no trophy at our house. Just bummed for the players, especially Azubuike, who was hoping to see his mother at the Final Four since the ncaa can fly family members in for that. The 2018 Final Four was the last time he saw his mom. He's been through a lot; it would have been nice for him to get one healthy run during the tourney for the first time in his career.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Just getting back from my third annual "ISU has played their last basketball game of the season so you are banned from the site until April" timeout.

No, no trophy at our house. Just bummed for the players, especially Azubuike, who was hoping to see his mother at the Final Four since the ncaa can fly family members in for that. The 2018 Final Four was the last time he saw his mom. He's been through a lot; it would have been nice for him to get one healthy run during the tourney for the first time in his career.

Yeah so nobody is impressed with a trophy case that Addidas purchased for anyone. The KU program cheats and for everyone at Kansas to ignore it is comical at best.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

No, no trophy at our house. Just bummed for the players, especially Azubuike, who was hoping to see his mother at the Final Four since Adidas can fly KU family members in for that. The 2018 Final Four was the last time he saw his mom. He's been through a lot; it would have been nice for him to get one healthy run during the tourney for the first time in his career.

We all know this is how KU does it anyway. I'm sure his mom is busy counting all the money from KU and Adidas anyway. She probably told him, "Go have fun! I'm doing just fine here counting all this money that Coach and someone called Adidas has been giving me."

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER

KU is claiming the hoops NC and AP #1, so ya, i doubt their alumni is real upset right now.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
We all know this is how KU does it anyway. I'm sure his mom is busy counting all the money from KU and Adidas anyway. She probably told him, "Go have fun! I'm doing just fine here counting all this money that Coach and someone called Adidas has been giving me."
You do know what The Onion is, dont you?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
KU is claiming the hoops NC and AP #1, so ya, i doubt their alumni is real upset right now.
The University of Kansas is not claiming the hoops NC. Some bored, bummed fans on twitter are and that's it.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Yeah so nobody is impressed with a trophy case that Addidas purchased for anyone. The KU program cheats and for everyone at Kansas to ignore it is comical at best.
I doubt there is a P5 roster today that doesnt have a guy who got things from their AAU program that NCAA rules seem in a violation.