Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Im assuming it will burn out pretty quick. Will be interesting to see how they bring new content.
That was my issue. I watched the 15 things I wanted to watch and nothing new has striked me.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Found another charge and I think this is what happened.
Being that we are on this stupid stay at home I had to send in my house taxes. Someone must have taken it out of the mailbox and gotten the account and rout codes off of that.
Then they washed the check and wrote it to someone for almost the same amount.

Normally I send all checks from the office so I don't have checks in my mailbox. Taxes I would normally just drive over and pay at the treasurers office.

Of course this means I am in arrears on my house taxes to add insult to injury. Now I have to call the county treasurer Monday and get that straightened out.

******* thieves

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Found another charge and I think this is what happened.
Being that we are on this stupid stay at home I had to send in my house taxes. Someone must have taken it out of the mailbox and gotten the account and rout codes off of that.
Then they washed the check and wrote it to someone for almost the same amount.

Normally I send all checks from the office so I don't have checks in my mailbox. Taxes I would normally just drive over and pay at the treasurers office.

Of course this means I am in arrears on my house taxes to add insult to injury. Now I have to call the county treasurer Monday and get that straightened out.

******* thieves
I pay most of our ongoing bills through our credit union’s bill pay service. Saves a lot of that type of worry. Although there are other potential issues with that, too.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Wasted 2 hours waiting for a guy to show up to buy something from me, never showed. Tried calling the guy, went straight to voicemail. His loss.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I pay most of our ongoing bills through our credit union’s bill pay service. Saves a lot of that type of worry. Although there are other potential issues with that, too.
Yes, I should just move into the 21st century

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The Covid thread can become decent if you just run with some of the wildness. Like, things like Math, biochemistry and physics majors are equivalent to community college degrees.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
The Covid thread can become decent if you just run with some of the wildness. Like, things like Math, biochemistry and physics majors are equivalent to community college degrees.
I'd say 'barely tolerable' rather than decent.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I posted in one of the Covid threads encouraging everyone to stay positive during this difficult time. The posters in the thread proceeded to bash me for not taking it seriously. Since then, I’ve stayed out of there and my mood is much better.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I posted in one of the Covid threads encouraging everyone to stay positive during this difficult time. The posters in the thread proceeded to bash me for not taking it seriously. Since then, I’ve stayed out of there and my mood is much better.

I remember that post. Positive comments are like giving a giant finger to many of them.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Just signed up for Disney+. Im like a kid on Christmas morning who hasnt had Christmas in like 5 years. Its literally my entire childhood on 1 screen.
My sister got it and we were going through all the Disney Channel Original Movies last night. We're going to watch them all.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Things are good. We had an anniversary trip to Switzerland, Italy, and some other European country planned for next month so we're bummed that we won't be going.

How have you been?

Oh man that sounds so wonderful, I'm really sorry you have to postpone.

We're making it through, lots of outside sunshine time today. Ran into a neighbor with a same aged son and they kept pointing at each other and when mine got out of the stroller they circled each other like wtf is this...another child my size???? I think being only kids is making them miss daycare! Got some flower stuff done today dh made steak...and now rum and Pepsi so life isn't terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron