***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Hoiberg proving most of this board wrong yet again; not only that he would return to college but continue to pull solid transfers in a “more competitive market”.

Reactions: JBone84

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
All signs point to him picking up exactly where he left off though, no?

These guys are nice gets and I would be glad to have them for us now.

But comparing them to some of the top flight guys he had in Ames... White, Babb, Clyburn, Kane, etc., well... not sure they are on *that* level.

His high school recruiting is wood league right now, too, while he brought in some all-timers to Ames out of high school and prep school.

We shall see.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
People keep discounting Fred by saying we are in a different era than when he first started going after transfers. While the number of schools looking for transfers has increased, the ratio quality transfer to number of schools looking for transfers has not.

This year has already set the record for most transfers this season, and Goodman predicted we would be double where we currently are.

Side note: with potentially 1,000 players in the portal, Prohm is going to mostly have his pick of who he wants to add. Just give him time, it's only the beginning of April.

Reactions: Snydes and Cloneon

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I’d take him in a heartbeat. I have a bad feeling he ends up a hawk though. Also played at the same Aau program as Carton fwiw.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not really what we need though.

He'd more than likely start for us, our "need" is to upgrade talent so yes you take him. We have three more openings to find a PG and a wing. Wouldn't the "perfect " spring be to add 4 new starters?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Browsing a Drake message board. Some on their seem to think there may be some tampering going on w/ Iowa. Who knows; probably not at all uncommon with everything going on right now.