Hidden Gems in Comedy Movies

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
"Lycus:
If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times; do not fan the girls when they're wet! But you'll never learn, you'll be a eunuch all your life."

Edit: Bet there's not more than one or two people on here that know what movie that came from.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've been mildly obsessed since "Clueless" - he's kind of a Baldwin.... (Mostly I find a sense of humor incredibly important!)

He was in Clueless? Didn't remember that. That film hasn't held up very well, kinda like Encino man (although that wasn't very good to start with)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He was in Clueless? Didn't remember that. That film hasn't held up very well, kinda like Encino man (although that wasn't very good to start with)

He was one of the main characters and is the one she unknowingly has a crush on the whole time.

I only know this from recently watching it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He was one of the main characters and is the one she unknowingly has a crush on the whole time.

I only know this from recently watching it.

Oh, Ok, now I remember him. He was the older dude, like an apprentice lawyer or something with Alicia's dad. I was trying to remember him as one of the HS kids that was with her.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Oh, Ok, now I remember him. He was the older dude, like an apprentice lawyer or something with Alicia's dad. I was trying to remember him as one of the HS kids that was with her.

Just looked it up...he's her ex-step brother?

Kind of weird.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just looked it up...he's her ex-step brother?

Kind of weird.

I know I have said I live in inbred Haven, that made me remember another example. While not blood relatives, this always kinda creeped me out. My wife had a classmate whose family was foster parents. They had one girl who lived with them longer than any other. Their one biological son apparently had the hots for her so they didn't adopt her like they had planned to. About a year or less out of HS, they got married. You live with her for a decent amount of time and you are to treat her like a sister, your parents like her and want to adopt her, but in the end you wanting to marry her stops them. Bleech

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I know I have said I live in inbred Haven, that made me remember another example. While not blood relatives, this always kinda creeped me out. My wife had a classmate whose family was foster parents. They had one girl who lived with them longer than any other. Their one biological son apparently had the hots for her so they didn't adopt her like they had planned to. About a year or less out of HS, they got married. You live with her for a decent amount of time and you are to treat her like a sister, your parents like her and want to adopt her, but in the end you wanting to marry her stops them. Bleech

Yeah...some stuff is close enough.

I have a buddy from high school, who has a brother that's about 15-20 years older than us, so he had a niece that was maybe 4 years behind us in school.

One of our classmates married this niece, so that made him our classmate's uncle.

THEN, that classmate's sister, who was 3 years behind us, married my buddy's younger brother.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
This scene will never cease to crack me up no matter how many times I watch it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron