Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Kirks wife is heading up the Pennsylvania Covid cases.

3364.jpg

pgnamed_f3e62a5c8b09e06c7ebada0a5f25aa37.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Just saw where Iceland was able to study asymp people and found 50% as well. Kinda crazy, but also makes you wonder how many viruses we're walking around with in a given year.

In a positive light I've really only read that so far there's not evidence that someone can get it twice, and China's double cases are attributed to bad tests.

I'd wonder if someone who was asymp though would be more likely to get it again if they didn't have a full influx of it vs. someone who was exposed more heavily and had worse symptoms? Do antibodies generally reproduce to an apt amount to fight off anything new?
This: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317103815.htm
is the best article I’ve seen that answers most of your question. In a large part, how healthy your immune system is and what you’ve previously been exposed to can explain a lot of the asymptomatic cases.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Common factors of these sign language people, they give a lot of looks like someone just kicked them in the junk. Are facial expressions that big a part of sign language?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Common factors of these sign language people, they give a lot of looks like someone just kicked them in the junk. Are facial expressions that big a part of sign language?
I can’t believe how they are able to keep up at times. It must be a very abbreviated version of the full English language I bet.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Is that the honorary bachelor's thing in some non-descript field? Guessing it's not exactly a biology or epidemiology degree. There are certainly degrees and field at ISU which are about as useful as a CC degree.
For who, You or somebody else?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Just saw where Iceland was able to study asymp people and found 50% as well. Kinda crazy, but also makes you wonder how many viruses we're walking around with in a given year.

In a positive light I've really only read that so far there's not evidence that someone can get it twice, and China's double cases are attributed to bad tests.

I'd wonder if someone who was asymp though would be more likely to get it again if they didn't have a full influx of it vs. someone who was exposed more heavily and had worse symptoms? Do antibodies generally reproduce to an apt amount to fight off anything new?

Also: https://time.com/5810454/coronavirus-immunity-reinfection/

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Ok. She stated yesterday that 80% of Iowa's workforce is considered essential. And then specifically said Manufacturing is essential.

I’ve stopped watching her press briefings. Did she say 100% of manufacturing?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I’ve stopped watching her press briefings. Did she say 100% of manufacturing?

I actually quit too, but my wife is watching them because of how it pertains to her job. I just happened to get home from delivering tax returns and caught the very end where she said what i posted.

She stated Iowa's workforce is 80% essential because of all the Agriculture, Manufacturing, Financial/Insurance and State Employees.

I tend to agree with the 80% mark when you factor in those 4 items and then add in all the other "essential" items from the Dept of Homeland Security website.

So she didn't say 100% of manufacturing but her phrasing tends to point that way.

You could also look at it that HNI produces office furniture, which would fall under the "producing items for work at home" clause that makes them essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron