Quarantine family game night suggestions

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
Last few Fridays we've been doing something simple like popcorn and movie. Saw something online a movie theater was selling popcorn so I went got some and Onward just came onto Disney plus. My kids are 3 and 5. Kids game we've been playing is Zingo and lots of candyland. Tried slap jack but that ended in tears...

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
The past few weekends we’ve been playing a lot of games on zoom with family members we can’t go see. We’ve been doing a lot of the Jackbox party pack games but they’re starting to get a little stale because they’re basically all the same concept.

Anybody have any suggestions for new games? Bonus points for being easy to set up (not having to have everyone download or set up accounts).
Hide and seek. Just don't do the seeking part and the kids are out of your hair.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Simple time killer. Someone reads lyrics in a melodramatic way. Others have to guess (or sing) the song. My middle schooler loves it. She started playing it with her friends on zoom.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
My advice is to buy a Nintendo Switch and extra controllers before they start limiting deliveries or lock everyone down. There are a lot of family friendly games like Mario Kart or Mario Party that everyone can play.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
We'll host a game night on our discord sometime soon. If someone has a game suggestion let me know.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I've been playing 500 (card game) online for free through trickster games with 3 other buddies, which we also use a zoom feed during for the social aspect. It worked well and was a blast.