How much is a single user worth?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyNitrous

Jan 20, 2012
I'm big fan of the CycloneFanatic podcasts but I live on the other side of the country and only get to Iowa maybe once a year so the odds of me being able to go to a Cyclone Fanatic advertiser is not high. With everything going on recently I realized I would be very unhappy if CF podcasts suddenly went away.

I have been a Patreon patron for a while now but was wondering just how much is a single listener worth.

Not sure if this is to detailed into the running of the business, just curious.

Edit: And I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum whoops.

Last edited:

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I would estimate about $50-$100 annually.

After some googling, it looks like ad rates vary widely (of course), and $25/thousand listeners/30-second ad seems to be a widely accepted average. So, as a listener, you’re worth ~2.5 cents per ad.

I’m guessing CF’s deals with regular sponsors might be a better rate, but $50-$100/year seems high.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
After some googling, it looks like ad rates vary widely (of course), and $25/thousand listeners/30-second ad seems to be a widely accepted average. So, as a listener, you’re worth ~2.5 cents per ad.

I’m guessing CF’s deals with regular sponsors might be a better rate, but $50-$100/year seems high.
Being worth 50 bucks a year makes me feel kind of like a sl*t.