Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
So what should Iowa do? What else needs to be shut down? People will still go to the grocery store/ pharmacy/gas stations. A lot of people will still need to go to work. People are still going to leave their homes. It won't be enforced. What are they gonna do? Pull over everybody going to work? LOL!!! What would be different? Will the words "shelter in place" just magically make things better?
Who is going to explain what a SIP order does to this guy for the 1000000 time? He's on my ignore now.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
So what should Iowa do? What else needs to be shut down? People will still go to the grocery store/ pharmacy/gas stations. A lot of people will still need to go to work. People are still going to leave their homes. It won't be enforced. What are they gonna do? Pull over everybody going to work? LOL!!! What would be different? Will the words "shelter in place" just magically make things better?

Stay focused here. Forget about the order. Kim Reynolds is asserting that she knows better than literally everyone who isn't in her administration that feels she's on the wrong course. That's the story here.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We just need more Data.

latest

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Better? Yes.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

maybe she should listen to the god damn medical expert. Is she a doctor? Is Dr Fauci an expert? Listen to him.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Least she's concerned about our mental health!

Putting a SIP will take a toll on us!

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I've never seen anything like this. Dr. Fauci doesn't know what he's talking about? Is she mad?

Not what she said. She said he doesn't know the situation in Iowa: the steps that we have taken, the current hospitalization rate, etc.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
She won't give into the political pressure these mayors and state reps are putting on her.

I thought the medical board deal would be the nail in the coffin, though.

Sounded like the Medical Board deal was done over social media and they didn't call her to discuss.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Not what she said. She said he doesn't know the situation in Iowa: the steps that we have taken, the current hospitalization rate, etc.
If you don't think fauci has looked at all the data and is continuously doing so and hasn't forgotten more about any subject than Kim Reynolds ever knew then you're lying to yourself.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
For my job, yes.

I feel, as stated by others, there job would be in the same category.

We have the ability to work from home, but it won't happen until those words are spoken.
Have you asked or demanded that you employer let you work from home? Mine never said we could, so I asked them and they gave me the go-ahead 3 weeks ago. Now pretty much the whole office is working from home.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I love her 'just keeping using words" approach to not answering a question.

Not that this is any kind of defense but if you've watched her over the years that's always the way she is. Her knowledge of any given subject stands up to about one question before falling back into talking points.

It's telling that these PCs cut off at 3:00 sharp every day.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I'd guess Fauci knows more than what she does.

The data we've seen, from places like google's mobility reports, is that while some claim that her mix of orders and recommendations are just as good as other states, they arent having the same effect as states that have done more formal stay at home orders. A lot of things just won't stop until she makes it more official and less suggestion.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What does that mean, though? Arrest people who don't? Otherwise it's not an order, it's just a suggestion, which she is already doing.

Why do you sealion with a question like this that has been answered 100x?

If nothing else, it would do more to push employers that havent yet adopted WFH to do that. Data has shown that having more formalized orders does have an effect on mobility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron