Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I've never seen anything like this. Dr. Fauci doesn't know what he's talking about? Is she mad?

jesus, he’s a god damned medical expert. He doesn’t know everything but I trust him more than I trust her.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
She's going to hold out hope that what they're doing is going to work. Sounds very encouraging.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Just keep hoping, hope people practice social distancing, hope people stay home, hope things get better.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Can we speculate on what outside factors are determining her decision making or is that too political?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Can we speculate on what outside factors are determining her decision making or is that too political?

She won't give into the political pressure these mayors and state reps are putting on her.

I thought the medical board deal would be the nail in the coffin, though.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It doesn’t unfortunately. More math and taking notes.

Which is the most frustrating thing about this. There are some real key numbers that would tell us a hell of a lot more, but they just show new numbers and absolute numbers.

Trends and rates of change are what matters, and you can't find it without going on an Easter egg hunt.

Show us hospitalizations, deaths, and discharges/recoveries by day in one table, and you can make a pretty good assessment of the effectiveness of what we're doing.

Then show those same numbers by remaining capacity of appropriate ICU and critical care beds, vents, etc.

This has been going on long enough where these trends are meaningful. In fact, more accurate than using models and modifying transmission rates by changing activities like SIP/no SIP, school closures, etc. Iowa is tough to model for reasons that have been discussed plenty already. We are not SIP, but we are pretty close in terms of behaviors for most people.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Has anyone asked her why one of the data points she is constantly looking at is the population over 65 years of age? The only way that will change drastically is if a lot of old people die.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I've never seen anything like this. Dr. Fauci doesn't know what he's talking about? Is she mad?

So what should Iowa do? What else needs to be shut down? People will still go to the grocery store/ pharmacy/gas stations. A lot of people will still need to go to work. People are still going to leave their homes. It won't be enforced. What are they gonna do? Pull over everybody going to work? LOL!!! What would be different? Will the words "shelter in place" just magically make things better?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
So what should Iowa do? What else needs to be shut down? People will still go to the grocery store/ pharmacy/gas stations. A lot of people will still need to go to work. People are still going to leave their homes. It won't be enforced. What are they gonna do? Pull over everybody going to work? LOL!!! What would be different? Will the words "shelter in place" just magically make things better?

For my job, yes.

I feel, as stated by others, there job would be in the same category.

We have the ability to work from home, but it won't happen until those words are spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.