Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So if Reynolds would do a SIP, was wondering about places like blood and plasma donating locations. I assume it is up to the state to determine was is essential and what is not. I work for a company that is out of state. My business is considered essential in that state, but don't know if it would be considered that here in Iowa. Just wondering.
Blood centers are open but you have to do a call ahead appointment.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
So if Reynolds would do a SIP, was wondering about places like blood and plasma donating locations. I assume it is up to the state to determine was is essential and what is not. I work for a company that is out of state. My business is considered essential in that state, but don't know if it would be considered that here in Iowa. Just wondering.

Blood centers are still open. Like @NorthCyd said, you need to set an appointment online and they have done away with walk ins.

Source: gave blood on Wednesday

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I give plasma twice a week by appointment. I didn't know if an SIP would change both.

Shouldn't. My understanding is blood donation is still considered essential for the healthcare system. They’ve had to cancel their drives, to the point where the surgeon general has asked people to donate.

Reactions: cycloner29

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Hold on Kim...

tenor.gif

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
The fact that the medical board, appointed by her, came out and said something seems to indicate the pressure will get to her.

Who knows, maybe not.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
For all our disagreement here please know that I get this concern. I've got kids. This isn't pleasant.

Maybe I'm misreading you, but are concerned that an SIP is going to include an order to literally not leave your house but for grocery trips and other essentials? Because I don't think you have to worry about that.

But there's no doubt we're stuck in our present state through, if I had to guess, somewhere between mid-May and early June. But if you're working from home already I wouldn't expect your experience to be any different than what you're doing now.
I don’t think she actually understands what people are calling for. I think that she thinks what people are calling for is an order where you can’t actually leave your house. I’m hopeful she just does what you are calling for and leaves it at that. If she doesn’t then I think we have more serious problems. I’m introverted so I don’t leave my house that much anyway but actually restricting me to that would not be good for my mental health. I’ve already had panic attacks fearing that. Maybe it is an irrational fear but it is absolutely terrifying to me. I can probably make do with it for a week or two but past that I wouldn't make it under that type of restriction.

I’ve already discussed the possibility of moving back home but my parents are sleeping in separate rooms already to minimize their contact and they’ve taken over my old room.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Fun fact: These press conferences take place at Joint Force Headquarters, just east of Camp Dodge. The basement of JFHQ is the designated command center for any and all activities concerning Iowa.

Reactions: CycloneErik

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The sign language lady can be kinda distracting, not saying we shouldn’t have her, but it’s like sub titles and I find myself watching her more.

Status
Not open for further replies.