Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
All of this math is pissing me off.

I still want to know where a fourth of those people are. You either are in the hospital, released, or never been there. Where is the other 100 people or so? Are some people getting another test after their first positive?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Train A, traveling 40 mph, leaves Westford heading toward Eastford, 260 miles away. One hour after Train A leaves Westford, Train B, traveling 70 mph, leaves Eastford heading toward Westford. When do the two trains meet?
When the engines hit each other.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Train A, traveling 40 mph, leaves Westford heading toward Eastford, 260 miles away. One hour after Train A leaves Westford, Train B, traveling 70 mph, leaves Eastford heading toward Westford. When do the two trains meet?
Google is telling me 3 hours

Reactions: isutrevman

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Yep and if my math is correct, there were 710 tests done yesterday, so that's a 12% positive rate. Obviously just one day, but not a good day.
My Math:
4/1 data 7340 -, 549 +
4/2 data 8054 -, 614 +, 779 tests performed
4/3 data 8764 -, 699 +, 795 tests performed
Just recently started tracking this, so that's all I have. DM Rag data used.

Reactions: Statefan10

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This thread is the equivalent of me trying to help my 4th grader with her Common Core math.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My Math:
4/1 data 7340 -, 549 +
4/2 data 8054 -, 614 +, 779 tests performed
4/3 data 8764 -, 699 +, 795 tests performed
Just recently started tracking this, so that's all I have. DM Rag data used.
Iowa department of health under Covid 19 has all the daily information and you don’t have to worry about the Tags bad math.

Reactions: isutrevman

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Are today's results from yesterday's tests though? From what I understand the results rate has been slow. Maybe they've improved that.
Seems to vary greatly between facilities/ which lab they are sent to. Some of that is attributable to backlog I assume.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
This thread is the equivalent of me trying to help my 4th grader with her Common Core math.

This is me helping mine.

giphy.gif

Reactions: MLawrence

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
My company specifically says they’re following the governors recommendations. What kind of action is the government going to take if they’re not willing to take a quick and simple step that could influence companies like mine? Saying it won’t make a difference so there’s no point doesn’t make sense to me. There’s no real downside to her saying ok we’re officially shelter in place and could convince some people to wake up and take this seriously. Right now companies can get away with it but might think differently about defying an actual official order. There will still be employers who think they’re special and can do whatever they want but I have no doubt it would make a difference for some of us.

If it is possible for you to work at home and you aren't, then your company is absolutely NOT following the governor's recommendation. She's said every press conference, if you can work at home, do it. If your employee can work from home, let them.

Curious what type of business it is. Because they could declare shelter in place, and if they can claim they are essential themselves as a business or if they support essential businesses and allow them to operate, you are right back where you are now.

I agree that SIP is probably needed just for the reason like your employers' case. It probably shouldn't change for most, but it will get people's attention.

EDIT: I see you recently posted what your job is, and first, thanks for doing the work you do. Talking out of my ass because I don't know the details, but it seems like right now they should be allowing you to minimize or eliminate in-homes based on the governor's guidance. But I suppose depending on what services you are providing, severity of the need, your employer could probably make the case for being essential under SIP.

Last edited:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Thought we had 46 released for a total yesterday
Total of 46 released yesterday, 58 today. So 12 for the 24 hr period. I apologize if I'm repeating previous posts, got way behind in this thread.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This is me helping mine.

giphy.gif

I helped my son with Algebra once, he got a C on the homework. all the answers were right but it was done wrong. After that I would tell him the answer doing it my way and tell him he had to figure out how to get there.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I wonder if they test those people before they discharge them? If so, they may have people getting double hits? I guess maybe I’m trying too hard to get their stuff to add up.
I think everybody getting admitted to a hospital is getting the test, no matter the reason for their admittance. Then the lag time for the test and determining the actual clinical reason for their admiitance could explain it. Just a WAG though.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I’ve long said what my issue is. I’m absolutely terrified of being locked in my house by myself. I think if she does more then that will be one of the things included. I also think that would be to far for others.

For all our disagreement here please know that I get this concern. I've got kids. This isn't pleasant.

Maybe I'm misreading you, but are concerned that an SIP is going to include an order to literally not leave your house but for grocery trips and other essentials? Because I don't think you have to worry about that.

But there's no doubt we're stuck in our present state through, if I had to guess, somewhere between mid-May and early June. But if you're working from home already I wouldn't expect your experience to be any different than what you're doing now.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Iowa department of health under Covid 19 has all the daily information and you don’t have to worry about the Tags bad math.
Where are you seeing the # of tests performed daily? Not finding it.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So if Reynolds would do a SIP, was wondering about places like blood and plasma donating locations. I assume it is up to the state to determine was is essential and what is not. I work for a company that is out of state. My business is considered essential in that state, but don't know if it would be considered that here in Iowa. Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron