The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
No it wasnt bad at all. Until Kirk got into what @Gitwitit described as creepy: talking about where people live, what they are doing, even talked about his wife.
source.gif

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
No it wasnt bad at all. Until Kirk got into what @Gitwitit described as creepy: talking about where people live, what they are doing, even talked about his wife.
I didnt listen but you already knew where they lived before this. That's creepy.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I didnt listen but you already knew where they lived before this. That's creepy.
Nope. Didnt know where ISM or Petras was from, where they are now and why. Kirk specifically talked about that. Disturbing.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Hawk fans gonna hawk fans. What other fanbase would tweet at a college player (who thru the ups and downs tried his best to win for his school) just to blame him for a teammate not getting an award.

And FTR, Monte getting snubbed was much worse than this.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa fans taking it well

That's so damn funny.. Love the shot at Weiskamp by that fan. I'm sure the committee looked right at Joe's stats and said, "yep, can't give this award to Garza now."

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think it's a secret that every fanbase has idiots.
I wasn't generalizing Iowa fans by this one guy lol I was just saying I thought it was hilarious he thought that Joe's decline had something to do with Garza not winning the award for being the best player in the nation.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I wasn't generalizing Iowa fans by this one guy lol I was just saying I thought it was hilarious he thought that Joe's decline had something to do with Garza not winning the award for being the best player in the nation.
Ya. Pretty stupid to go after JW. I suppose in his mind if JW had played better and the team won a few more games he would've had a better chance. You never should put that on 1 player even if you think it. pretty classless

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
It seems like a majority of Iowa fans are idiots and thought Garza deserved to win
The majority of Iowa fans wanted him to win but knew he probably wouldn't. Same majority thinks he hopefully will have a shot again next season. Even being a 2x first team all-american would be a pretty rare accomplishment.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ya. Pretty stupid to go after JW. I suppose in his mind if JW had played better and the team won a few more games he would've had a better chance. You never should put that on 1 player even if you think it. pretty classless
I would actually flip that argument and say Luka's numbers wouldn't have been as good had Joe played better. Either way, you're right, it's stupid and classless. There are some people though that have absolutely no clue how to handle themselves on social media.