Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
How many deaths and hospitalized?

I would assume that will go up as cases generally do.

Wasn't the USA at just 2% deaths/confirmed cases last week? It's gone up to 2.5% reported as of now. I think most states are starting to climb in that % albeit slowly.

Good news is the 'recovered' number has been at just a little under double of deaths...hopefully there's a widening gap there too....although I'm not sure if they can be all that accurate with recoveries. I'd bet there's people they told to self isolate with mild symptoms/positive tests that don't get reported as recovered if the communication stops?

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I would assume that will go up as cases generally do.

Wasn't the USA at just 2% deaths/confirmed cases last week? It's gone up to 2.5% reported as of now. I think most states are starting to climb in that % albeit slowly.

Good news is the 'recovered' number has been at just a little under double of deaths...hopefully there's a widening gap there too....although I'm not sure if they can be all that accurate with recoveries. I'd bet there's people they told to self isolate with mild symptoms/positive tests that don't get reported as recovered if the communication stops?
Looked like a lot of cases today were elderly folks, which unfortunately is not good.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yep and if my math is correct, there were 710 tests done yesterday, so that's a 12% positive rate. Obviously just one day, but not a good day.

Are today's results from yesterday's tests though? From what I understand the results rate has been slow. Maybe they've improved that.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
So I take it the general thread got nuked. That sucks, because it's going to be impossible to have any kind of discussion about anything besides the back and forth about Reynolds. Each time I check there are 4 new pages of the same arguments being recycled over and over again.

By the same 5 people

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Linn County with another 14 cases.. I'm hopeful it's not a continued spread in one of the nursing homes.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Are today's results from yesterday's tests though? From what I understand the results rate has been slow. Maybe they've improved that.
That's very true. So maybe disregard what I said.. Is it then virtually impossible to look at percentage rate on a daily basis then?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Am I reading the state website right that we're at a 40.63% hospitalization rate? I know that it's high because of only testing symptomatic to severe patients, but that still seems really high.

No you’re not. We are 80+58 divided by 699. Eyeballing looks like 20%

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Their numbers don’t add up. Never have since day one. There are about a fourth that are just lost.
Wouldn't the people who are still sick but at home not fit into either category since they still may be hospitalized?

Status
Not open for further replies.