Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Menards is sort of on my way home from work. Home depot is 25 minutes away. I do like that HD has stuff like large lumber and drywall inside the store though.

Shoot....I was trying to instigate a huge Lowes/Home Depot/Nagle/Spahn and Rose debate....

I'm watching Rob Riggle, Global investigator and drinking scotch presently.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
When getting a physical, do people prefer someone of the same sex or opposite sex?

I said I would prefer a woman that I did not find attractive. If attractive I don’t want to shed my pants and have anything happen. Female because, while I’m not homophobic, I still prefer to have a woman fondle my stuff than a man. Besides they usually have softer hands and smaller fingers when they have to probe or touch anything.
Smaller fingers = Stuff looks bigger.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I drive 30 miles to the farm and then 11 miles to deliver grain. There is no one on the road. The farm is on a major road for Iowa/MN traffic and outside of grain trucks or feed trucks it’s like carver hawkeye arena out there.
I drove downtown to the office today for a couple of hours. Very little traffic. The security guys in the lobby seemed happy I was there. They talked forever. I think they're pretty bored.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Shoot....I was trying to instigate a huge Lowes/Home Depot/Nagle/Spahn and Rose debate....

I'm watching Rob Riggle, Global investigator and drinking scotch presently.
I'm not sure you can really debate or even compare Spahn and Rose. One was a pitcher and one was a position player.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Where did Mark Ruffalo go?

There are so many other C-list, Oscar-coveting, Epstein-rapists I hate more than little Mark Ruffalo. Ruffalo would not go to a hardware store anyway. He is soooo 2017.
What about Olivia Wilde? What a disgrace that is contemporary to 2020.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Good old time multi-topic CG post

1. DH and I have been talking about donating our incoming corona$$ to people/orgs. We are very fortunate that our jobs have not been impacted and savings are fine. Know that many, many people are not in the same boat. Taking suggestions.

2. I feel like having two friends due around my birthday ended up being a curse. One has already had the baby Earth side for over a month now (yeah, that's a lot of weeks early. Months early. Mom and I have gone through a lot of life milestones together and it's awful, awful, terrible to see her going through this and be unable to even show up to hug her) and the other (who is expecting two) is now on bedrest for a few weeks until they can deliver, if she doesn't go sooner.
And of course with the craziness, first mom is the only visitor allowed (dad can no longer go) and bedrest friend can't have husband come visit so she's all alone in this. First mom baby is stable and growing but still a long road and definitely some challenges for being born just before what is even considered viable ( they think baby was a bit further along than estimated) and it's been a hell of a rough time for both friend, baby, and the family. COVID not making that easier.

3. I had a third thing but now I can't remember. Maybe the fact that we're talking to two patio people and how in light of the first two items in my list it feels entirely frivolous and unimportant in the grand scheme.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I remember what the third was. Also not happy. Tonight around dinnertime baby and I heard "wee-wooos" and I told him they were going somewhere to help someone. Turns out they were coming down the street. To a house with a medically fragile child who had a freak accident last fall resulting in a TBI near our little neighborhood park. The mom is sorta insta-famous so it made all the rounds in that universe.........and is actually how we found out when an account I follow shared the story and I realized that the firetruck baby and I watched last summer was for this accident literally a few houses down from us. I'm hoping it was a false alarm kinda thing but definitely felt sick seeing them in front of that house.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

1. DH and I have been talking about donating our incoming corona$$ to people/orgs. We are very fortunate that our jobs have not been impacted and savings are fine. Know that many, many people are not in the same boat. Taking suggestions.

2. I feel like having two friends due around my birthday ended up being a curse. One has already had the baby Earth side for over a month now (yeah, that's a lot of weeks early. Months early. Mom and I have gone through a lot of life milestones together and it's awful, awful, terrible to see her going through this and be unable to even show up to hug her) and the other (who is expecting two) is now on bedrest for a few weeks until they can deliver, if she doesn't go sooner.
And of course with the craziness, first mom is the only visitor allowed (dad can no longer go) and bedrest friend can't have husband come visit so she's all alone in this. First mom baby is stable and growing but still a long road and definitely some challenges for being born just before what is even considered viable ( they think baby was a bit further along than estimated) and it's been a hell of a rough time for both friend, baby, and the family. COVID not making that easier.

3. I had a third thing but now I can't remember. Maybe the fact that we're talking to two patio people and how in light of the first two items in my list it feels entirely frivolous and unimportant in the grand scheme.

Order take out on fridays and give $100 tips to help them keep the doors open. Give your barbers and hairdresser payment for a cut they didn’t do.

Reactions: cowgirl836

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Probably. It didn't look right, but I didn't see the squiggly underline telling me it was wrong so I went with it. :oops:

Here's my interpretation of ingenuous:
images

Webster's uses "innocent" and "unsuspecting" as synonyms.

Funny, I don't see Papa Lew as either of those things. :rolleyes:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Naturally the day I am getting my new furnace and AC the weather turns back into winter. Freezing rain all morning. Set the thermostat to 72 to warm the place before they start removing the old one.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Order take out on fridays and give $100 tips to help them keep the doors open. Give your barbers and hairdresser payment for a cut they didn’t do.

I do need to do the haircut gift card at least because both kid and I needed a haircut as this happened. I need to see if there's a way to get it to the stylist I always use

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Thanks madguy -- I started watching last night and then decided no more big screen (monitor) time was better for my mental health at the time :)

This morning we go Greek, with the word of the day "Pelion." The notes explanation immediately made me think of our current circumstances as seen by people in those other threads.

https://wordsmith.org/words/pelion.html

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I remember what the third was. Also not happy. Tonight around dinnertime baby and I heard "wee-wooos" and I told him they were going somewhere to help someone. Turns out they were coming down the street. To a house with a medically fragile child who had a freak accident last fall resulting in a TBI near our little neighborhood park. The mom is sorta insta-famous so it made all the rounds in that universe.........and is actually how we found out when an account I follow shared the story and I realized that the firetruck baby and I watched last summer was for this accident literally a few houses down from us. I'm hoping it was a false alarm kinda thing but definitely felt sick seeing them in front of that house.

Good news is this seems to have been mostly precautionary

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

1. The foundation at a local hospital (maybe one of the ones your friends are in) may be good. The Salvation Army generally delivers a pretty good return of services for the amount they receive. Local churches quietly do a lot of charitable work in the community. If you can find a local nurse's association, they could probably use the funding.

2. My thoughts and prayers are with your friends and their families.
3. It seems frivolous too but we just received a new receiver box from our cable company and it's not working and I'm frustrated.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I broke down a bunch of empty boxes in the basement the other day. Drove over to the place where you can drop off your recycling and there was a white trash family digging through the dumpsters. Woman, man & daughter pushing around a stroller with a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron