Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Apparently my elderly neighbor (90+) passed away on Monday. It’s been eerily quiet around their place all week and now it all makes sense. He was such a nice guy :(

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Dropped Milo off at Vet Med a little while ago. At the very least, he will be there overnight.
One of the vets there just called and we talked about his symptoms and her findings on exam...and it's basically the same as my vet already came up with - they eliminated a bunch of stuff but still have no idea where the infection/inflammation is, and what might be causing it. So, more diagnostics...but they do plan to push some fluids to help his hydration and get him feeling a little better. My vet set it up - ISU is only taking emergency admits right now. They had me drive up to the front entrance and call them, and they came & took the carrier from my car. Kind of a bizarre experience.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well, I moronically ventured back into the Covid thread.

Did learn that an employer can announce your medical situation and conditions in company meetings.
Which one? The one in the cave, or the two "no politics" ones (that are full of mis-information that cannot be countered because...politics...

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Which one? The one in the cave, or the two "no politics" ones (that are full of mis-information that cannot be countered because...politics...

Those two are a trip. Constantly talking about an acceptable body count so we can lift restrictions.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

The Iowa no politics one. I don’t do the cave since name calling and personal insults aren’t what I care to work in. That’s basically what the Iowa no politics one has become, like you said.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I drive 30 miles to the farm and then 11 miles to deliver grain. There is no one on the road. The farm is on a major road for Iowa/MN traffic and outside of grain trucks or feed trucks it’s like carver hawkeye arena out there.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Too down of a day overall. Little bits of lots of things on the list, very few completed. I need some real comic relief.
And I don't mean the COVID-19 threads. They are just sad.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Need to buy it then.

Just by a griddle and save money. Unless you plan to bake.
I have a toaster oven. The place I'm living in now has an old cooktop and wall oven, pilot light, from the 60s old, and I'm fixing up the kitchen. Landlord isn't replacing anything because everything is functional and he's letting me live here for extremely cheap, so I basically can treat it like I own it, because he's going to gut the place anyway whenever I leave.

I do bake cookies every now and then.

I'm using a lot of scrap wood to fix the cabinets, and I'm making new counter tops out of ash logs from work, so I'm not spending a whole lot.

Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have a toaster oven. The place I'm living in now has an old cooktop and wall oven, pilot light, from the 60s old, and I'm fixing up the kitchen. Landlord isn't replacing anything because everything is functional and he's letting me live here for extremely cheap, so I basically can treat it like I own it, because he's going to gut the place anyway whenever I leave.

I do bake cookies every now and then.

I'm using a lot of scrap wood to fix the cabinets, and I'm making new counter tops out of ash logs from work, so I'm not spending a whole lot.

Gas stoves are harder to come by than electric. You may have to just ask if anybody had one and go fishing a bit for one.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When getting a physical, do people prefer someone of the same sex or opposite sex?

I said I would prefer a woman that I did not find attractive. If attractive I don’t want to shed my pants and have anything happen. Female because, while I’m not homophobic, I still prefer to have a woman fondle my stuff than a man. Besides they usually have softer hands and smaller fingers when they have to probe or touch anything.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
When getting a physical, do people prefer someone of the same sex or opposite sex?

I said I would prefer a woman that I did not find attractive. If attractive I don’t want to shed my pants and have anything happen. Female because, while I’m not homophobic, I still prefer to have a woman fondle my stuff than a man. Besides they usually have softer hands and smaller fingers when they have to probe or touch anything.
My regular doctor is male. One time I was at the urologist and they said the doctor wasn't in and if I won't mind having the nurse practitioner seeing me. I said ok and the practitioner was female. She had me lie back and put my feet in the stirrups. I figured I wasn't the first set she'd seen.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

I missed the first "a" in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.