Twister Sister Summary...how is everyone?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Just wanted to shout out at everyone and see how you are doing? My wife and I are educators so we've been teaching at home for the last few weeks. Going stir crazy, but otherwise ok. How are the rest of you doing? Give us all a little roll call update here...

Reactions: ISC and kentkel

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Doing well, I am also an educator, so I feel your pain. My wife is able to work from home so we dont get out much, just for groceries, etc. We are having a teacher parade on Saturday in our community, should be fun.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I am an educator as well, and this teaching at home has proved challenging to say the least. My wife is out of work and my eldest daughter is doing college from our home - but is also out of work. The positive of this is that I get to play tennis with her almost everyday. She still kicks my butt (she was a State participant in her HS days). BTW, my heart goes out to all those who have lost their source of income & livelihood. Here's hoping and praying that this virus is wiped out soon!! Peace to all of you CFers!!! And, thanks again, acoustimac, for another season of outstanding Twister Sister Summaries!! I always loved reading them (especially when I wasn't able to watch them play).

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Altoona here, doing fine. Only necessary trips, groceries, pharmacy, gas, etc. Stores are getting toilet paper and paper towels back in stock although limited to one per customer. We have more than enough food, etc. and have a bunch of hobbies and pets that keep us occupied.

Reactions: acoustimac

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I'm ok, I'm retired and live by myself, so a little loney, very bored, with an underlying sense of dread. Took a week of trying but I finally have a Hy Vee pick-up-groceries time next week. An old coworker is bringing me some food tomorrow. I could go out, but as I'm in the high risk group (twice) I think I'll try to wait-out at least 14 days.
Speaking of bored, I must say Fox Sports is doing a much better job than ESPN of showing old sports (without spoilers).

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
My better half and I were two hours into our trip to KC for the WBB Tournament when we got the news of it being cancelled. Turned around and went back home. Decided to drive to our three sided lean-to cabin by the lake in way northern Minnesota the next day. Spent 18 days there and just got back on Tuesday. We were about as isolated as one can get up there. No one around. Have internet so we watched the Baylor game replay on Cyclone TV about three times and a few other game replays. Entertaining. Did alot of reading, watched 2 or 3 movies and kept the fire going in the fireplace. Played Scrabble and took lots of long walks in the snow. All in all it was just what the doctor ordered. Glad to be back in Iowa and close to family again.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I work in the restaurant industry so been unemployed for 2 weeks and now facing a minimum of 6 weeks without work. Luckily I qualify for unemployment but that whole process was stressful as I've never dealt with it before.

Also worried about the status of my employer related health insurance. The idea of not being covered during a health crisis is scary. Emailed HR and they have said they will let me know how that will be handled and assured me that they will keep me updated. Premiums usually come out of my check and have told them I would pay the premiums out of my own pocket.

Keeping myself busy by finally going through all my stuff up in storage. Cleaning, tossing and reorganizing has been keeping me sane.

Last edited:

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Kinda been a rough month. Being type 1 diabetic has put me on edge a little bit knowing that if I get it, I could face complications. To make things worse, everything I love doing was cancelled to avoid the spread but my work remains open where I’m surrounded by 25+ people who went all over the world for Spring break. Not an ideal situation but hopefully this passes soon!

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
My job allows me to work from home (and is largely unaffected by the virus otherwise), and my wife is a stay-at-home mom, so we're in a better situation than many. We have two kids now learning from home, and that's going fine after a short adjustment period.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I am retired but work at the golf course in Waukee in the summer. At this time we are not open so am home only going out for the needed items. Watching some movies and the games from the women this year.Miss the family contact since they want us to not be around groups.My family has one (ISU employee) working from home, his wife is in the medical field, other son and his wife are both in the grocery business so working. Grandson also in the grocery business & his fiancee is a nurse in DM. Oldest granddaughter is a senior at ISU and other two are in high school waiting to see what the school comes up with for off site learning. Everyone stay safe and hope we have games this fall/winter. GO CYCLONES

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
My better half and I were two hours into our trip to KC for the WBB Tournament when we got the news of it being cancelled. Turned around and went back home. Decided to drive to our three sided lean-to cabin by the lake in way northern Minnesota the next day. Spent 18 days there and just got back on Tuesday. We were about as isolated as one can get up there. No one around. Have internet so we watched the Baylor game replay on Cyclone TV about three times and a few other game replays. Entertaining. Did alot of reading, watched 2 or 3 movies and kept the fire going in the fireplace. Played Scrabble and took lots of long walks in the snow. All in all it was just what the doctor ordered. Glad to be back in Iowa and close to family again.

We had tickets for both and were already there for the men's tournament. Watched ISU play Wed. night when they announced no spectators (really) for the rest of the tournament. The next day when we heard the no-play news, we decided to stay one more day and then came home Friday morning. Both of us have been working from home for more than two weeks. Online work sessions seem never ending and we often have a zoom or webex or connect session or a teleconference at the same time. At least USCellular and Mediacom have said no overage charges for data, etc. through sometime in May, I think.
I keep thinking about our last game vs. Baylor -- the likely 12 tourn. champ and contender for NCAA champ lost its final game of the season :) Makes me smile every time.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I am anxiously waiting for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 to be released. It will be simply mind blowing. I have the Flight SimulatorX Deluxe 2006 version and I suppose that I could load that on to my new computer and make do with that for a while.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

Last edited:

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Wife is a substitute teacher and para...she misses the kids. Son graduates from college and daughter graduates from high school...both are home, so that is good. Son has a job, but his start time has been pushed back to July. I'm mostly teleworking, go in to work when there are network taskers.

Missed going down to KC...was looking forward to seeing the ladies a littler closer than OKC, although the possible semi matchup with Baylor would have been interesting!

Hope all is well with everyone...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Thanks for that, Rulzzz. I saw it on my phone the other night but couldn't figure out how to get it here.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
When I look at that group of seniors each brings special thoughts. Nia...perseverance and commitment. Nez...determination and desire. Jade...speed and growth (wish she had been here four years!). AC...deadly and role player. I loved watching Nez take full advantage of another year. Jade took every bit of pushing that Coach sent her way and kept getting better. Nia knew what her role was and embraced it. AC...she is who I will miss the most. She wasn't the star of the team, but she was that person you knew would make key play after key play at important times in the game. She gets my Tracy Gahan award.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron