***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I was told by 2 people Carton would not be applying for a waiver and will be sitting this season out
I actually like this a lot if Iowa St can land him. Imagine the growth and improvement he'll make sitting out a season. It would set him up to be a complete stud in 2 years.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I actually like this a lot if Iowa St can land him. Imagine the growth and improvement he'll make sitting out a season. It would set him up to be a complete stud in 2 years.
Who knows how next year would turn out, but the team in two years would be a fun one to watch.

DJ, Bolton, Jackson, Walker, Dubar, Blackwell, Johnson, Foster, and Conditt has a lot to like! Add a top-notch assistant, and I could see a situation in which a program has a couple down years, is written off by most, then explodes with a breakthrough season. Prohm can be the next Scott Drew, if he’s open to change.

Reactions: cyfan21

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I think carton will be good, but ultimately we aren't replacing a lottery pick player with anyone as good as him. Unless the freshman are outstanding I see next year being similar to this.

The but is it makes us better than after we lost Haliburton. Bolton is going to be better playing his natural spot. Jackson will be better with the return of a more natural PG. Condit's fade had to be in part to the loss of TH and Young looks to be inline for a big senior season.

Personally I attribute Lewis and Griffin's departures at least a little to seeing Johnson everyday in practice. Add another wing then whatever we get from the freshmen and yeah I think we're better.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I’m a bit hesitant to the see the responses to this news...

@jakeweingarten Hawaii transfer Drew Buggs, who had already heard from many schools, told @Stockrisers the newest programs involved are Gonzaga, New Mexico, Iowa State and Arkansas.

Averaged 9.4 points and four rebounds per game.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

@jakeweingarten Hawaii transfer Drew Buggs, who had already heard from many schools, told @Stockrisers the newest programs involved are Gonzaga, New Mexico, Iowa State and Arkansas.

If Gonzaga is interested then we should be too

Reactions: WhoISthis

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa

He is what we were missing when Tyrese went out last season. Approaching 6 assists a game to 2 turnovers. Obviously a dream scenario would be Carton/Aiken or both but Buggs is not a bad option.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Good news. I hope we land him!