Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I wasn't getting many spam calls at all and now a bunch of unidentified calls. Suspect they are likely some sort of Covid-19 scam. **** those ********.
I hear there are calls that they want your bank info so they can direct deposit your stimulus check. Bastards, if caught, should be skinned alive.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
A local newspaper tried to do April fools jokes in it since it came out on April’s fools day. One was the local golf course is getting converted into an 18 hole mini golf by Carl Spackler. Old rich guys are mad I’m hearing. They don’t know who Carl Spackler is.

Timing may have been poor seeings how the golf course did just get sold.
My nephew is pissed off because FB deleted his April Fools day post about his state banning alcohol sales. Not the smartest thing to start a buying panic right now. I can't say I'm all that sympathetic for him.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
****. Think my refrigerator has died again. Great timing. Food delivery on Friday. Freezer full of foods. And I don't want to be visiting stores to frig shop. **** **** **** **** ****

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just looked and last haircut was January 24th. Sept 30th before that. So I need this barber thing over by Memorial Day to stay normal but could stretch to the 4th if needed.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My goodness some movies shouldn't be on cable tv if you have to change the movie. Watching 40 year old virgin on TNT and this edited piece of **** they are airing is a joke. Especially the scene where Jay's gf comes in with his speed dating card with comments written on in and Andy "claims" they are his.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
We were building a plan with her teachers at her conference, which happened to be the night before Spring Break.
They felt (like we did) that she was bored. We were putting the plans together to sneak out and do older grade stuff, and set her up with a job in the Library.

It was a really cool plan. But, like we've been saying in our home the last few days, when we made all our neat plans for 2020, we forgot to plan in the pandemic. So, a plandemic failure, I guess.

We had this same issue with middle daughter Alana. Thank heaven for TAG. She would finish her classwork ahead of the others and then help them finish theirs.

This is the kid who scored 35 on her ACT.

Does it sound like I'm bragging? OK, I'm probably bragging. But she is pretty awesome.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
A local newspaper tried to do April fools jokes in it since it came out on April’s fools day. One was the local golf course is getting converted into an 18 hole mini golf by Carl Spackler. Old rich guys are mad I’m hearing. They don’t know who Carl Spackler is.

Timing may have been poor seeings how the golf course did just get sold.

upload_2020-4-2_6-44-41.jpeg

Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My goodness some movies shouldn't be on cable tv if you have to change the movie. Watching 40 year old virgin on TNT and this edited piece of **** they are airing is a joke. Especially the scene where Jay's gf comes in with his speed dating card with comments written on in and Andy "claims" they are his.
Every time I see "Wild at Heart" I wonder how the heck they showed that on network TV one time. I never bothered to even try to watch it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, I realized that if you think of positing in the covid threads, it is best to be done by 9am. At that time it turns to a couple people going back and forth at each other.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Well, I realized that if you think of positing in the covid threads, it is best to be done by 9am. At that time it turns to a couple people going back and forth at each other.
I stopped going into those over a week ago. Some of those people just need to take a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron