William small leaving?

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I get the feeling this next year is going to be one ugly death for Steve. I like Steve but things are not trending well losing our opportunity with likely the best two players we were after.

who were the two best we lost?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think everyone likes Steve personally and that is what makes this situation doubly painful.

He's no Gene Chizik.

Yeah, Chizik was so obviously a charmless, selfish ******* that there was no remorse in hating him and no sadness when he decided to skip town on us.

Prohm might not have succeeded as a basketball coach who needs to deliver results last year, but I really have no other complaints about him. He seems to care about the program, the fans, and the young men under his tutelage. Seeing a good guy fail like that, when so many jerks have success elsewhere, does not sit very well.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
You mean like Robinson and his Chicago connections?

I was thinking more of Otz Wisconsin and Minnesota connections that were lost. Small did great with THT, Zion, and George but that was one year and Underwood now is a major threat to keep kids in state.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I was thinking more of Otz Wisconsin and Minnesota connections that were lost. Small did great with THT, Zion, and George but that was one year and Underwood now is a major threat to keep kids in state.

You mean Robinson. Also Robinson was very heavily involved with XF.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

DRob is the Chicago guy.

Small has helped with Dubar, Walker, Bolton, Leech, Conditt, Lard from what I recall

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
who were the two best we lost?
Barry from Darmouth staying put, and Carlik Jones listed his 8 and we weren't in it. Lots of power 5 schools in his last choices. Also, McGowens didn't put us in his final 8. There are others out there but they have much better schools pursuing them like Gonzaga or Louisville. Gonna be a long shot for Steve to hit 2 or 3 home runs on transfer market. Barring major improvement from current players and the freshman lighting the world on fire a la Maryland a few years back, I don't see this going well for Steve.

Last edited:

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
It's amazing we are getting people to th NBA and our assistant coaches are getting promotions to head coaching but we lose more than we win?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Isn't he the one who ran out of gas while driving a recruit around?

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
This virus has probably played a part in the lack of coaching changes During the tournament/final four the coaches all gather and positions are discussed. Sure they can still discuss would be openings but a conversation on a university owned device isn't the same as face to face informal discussions.