Social Isolation Album of the Day

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Siamese Dream by the Smashing Pumpkins. One of the first albums I owned so some nostalgia with it, but overall its a great album. Cherub Rock is just a great song

Reactions: cyclones500

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I gave Nirvana Unplugged a listen the other day. Wonderful performance/album.

Reactions: cayin

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
With lines like, "Is it hard to make arrangements with yourself?" (Tell Me Why) and with songs like "Oh, Lonesome Me", I think this qualifies as a social isolation record. Also, my favorite, by far, of anything he ever put on vinyl.

Reactions: cyclones500

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I gave Nirvana Unplugged a listen the other day. Wonderful performance/album.

The unplugged albums from Nirvana and Alice in Chains are just incredible. Some bands it worked and some it didn't. Those two just seemed to be perfect.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Today, I am revisiting The Cranberries, "Everyone is Doing it, Why Can't We?"

Feel free to join, and suggest an album for tomorrow.

I just so happen to have the No Need To Argue CD sitting right here on my desk, but I can Apple Music Everyone is Doing It during my Conf call. Great idea!

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
The Who's "Quadrophenia". The story follows a young mod named Jimmy and his search for self-worth and importance.

John Entwistle is an astounding bass player.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Fun fact about The Cranberries — most of the band met while breakdancing on the streets of Limerick.

Reactions: ThatllDoCy

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It's not the best album, and it's hasn't aged all that well, but thematically, Godsmack's self titled debut is tailor made for these days of Covid. Featuring tracks like:
Keep Away
Time Bomb
Immune
Get up, Get Out
Now or Never
Stress
Situation
and lyrics from their first big hit "Whatever" stating "I'm doing the best I ever did, now go away"
The overarching theme of that album is one of angry isolation and solitude, which fits with our current situation pretty well I think

Reactions: Doc