Monday OT - A Policeman Knew My Name

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'll play along, since this is an Angie topic...

Personality type:
Turbulent Adventurer ISFP-T
Individual traits: Introverted – 68%, Observant – 69%, Feeling – 67%, Prospecting – 56%, Turbulent – 85%
Role: Explorer
Strategy: Constant Improvement

I like that you're very conservative in almost everything, not extreme measures - that is C.John to a tee, if I've ever read anything. :)

A really good friend of mine is super outgoing, can talk to literally anyone, the life of the party, knows people everywhere, etc, but he absolutely needs his "**** off and leave me alone" time. He comes out as an introvert in any Myers-Briggs analysis he's ever taken, but if you knew him casually, you'd never guess it.

I think most people thing I'm an extrovert! I generally know someone wherever I go - that's a really accurate way to put it. It's absolutely just needing that "**** all y'all" time. Talking to people is great... but wears you out. I bet that's how your friend is, too.

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
ENFJ-A Protagonist
extraverted 67%
intuitive 55%
feeling 75%
judging 78%
assertive 78%

Diplomat
People mastery

PS I believe part of my reason for this is I moved alot when young due to my dads job. Jut K-12 I attended 7 different schools. Then college and the USAF so I have had to be around many people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angie

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
So - I'm the Protagonist, like entropy.

Extraverted - 63%
Intuitive - 58%
Feeling - 71% (as a Cancer, this makes sense)
Judging - 71%
Turbulent - 64%

Reading the part about relationships rang so true - I cannot stand conflict, and will often sublimate my own thoughts and desires just to avoid it. (Ask the vixen.) But my main desire is for her happiness, sometimes to my own detriment.

The good news is the vixen can perceive this on her own, and adjust accordingly. (She is definitely my soulmate!)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
The internet appeals to the Introvert because they don't have to deal with being worn out by people and come and go as they please - never feeling trapped by interaction. The internet also appeals to the extreme extrovert, because on the specific topics they're interested in, it's often difficult to find enough people in real life who share your enthusiasm for the subject, and when you do, it can be hard to get enough interaction to satisfy your interest.

as an introvert I would add it also allows you time to respond without the pressure that's there in person. Or regretting the interaction 5 years later because you came up with the best response 5 minutes after walking away.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
No other Defenders yet? Pretty sure that's what I've gotten before, too.

Defender
ISFJ-T
Sentinel
Constant Improvement

33% extraverted 67% introverted
28% intuitive 72% observant
39% thinking 61% feeling
67% judging 33% prospecting
21% assertive 79% turbulent

most accurate bits -
Defender personalities (especially Turbulent ones) are often meticulous to the point of perfectionism
Naturally social, an odd quality for Introverts, Defenders utilize excellent memories not to retain data and trivia, but to remember people, and details about their lives

Tend to overload themselves, take things personally, reluctant to change, very loyal. Yep.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Among the questions I could answer at either extreme, based on the particulars:

"You are more of a detail-oriented than a big picture person."

Agreed. You have to be whichever is most needed given the situation. During an hour of work, that can change 10 times for me.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Agreed. You have to be whichever is most needed given the situation. During an hour of work, that can change 10 times for me.

Agree. Also, in general, for me, I tend to be hung-up on the micro, sometimes to a fault, but my "general" viewpoint has a large chunk of big-picture-ism.

I've been like that for a long time, sort of tug-of-war internally -- I guess that partly explains my 93% Turbulence reading.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Agree. Also, in general, for me, I tend to be hung-up on the micro, sometimes to a fault, but my "general" viewpoint has a large chunk of big-picture-ism.

I've been like that for a long time, sort of tug-of-war internally -- I guess that partly explains my 93% Turbulence reading.

I'm still surprised that nobody else has said they have been taken to a cop shop also.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I didn't copy down my percentages, but I am an "Advocate." Supposedly about 1% of the population.