*** Coronavirus Mafia ***

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
We show solidarity and it’s probably safest to all vote one person, imo
Would eliminate the possibility of the Asymptomatic player to infect anyone I guess. But I have theories on both Cows and cyclones2015.
The mafia might not have been careful in voting (explaining the close votes between srjclone and cows day 1), but I think they would have tried to spread out on day 1.
The attempted infection on Colorado makes me think 2015 might be mafia. Maybe mafia knew he was on to something early and decided to try to infect to have him join their side (with a good voting record to boot.)
If the group as a whole wants to vote for 1 person, I can agree to that. But we may not have a lot to go on, and each day that this lasts mafia can grow their group through normal infection too.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Would eliminate the possibility of the Asymptomatic player to infect anyone I guess. But I have theories on both Cows and cyclones2015.
The mafia might not have been careful in voting (explaining the close votes between srjclone and cows day 1), but I think they would have tried to spread out on day 1.
The attempted infection on Colorado makes me think 2015 might be mafia. Maybe mafia knew he was on to something early and decided to try to infect to have him join their side (with a good voting record to boot.)
If the group as a whole wants to vote for 1 person, I can agree to that. But we may not have a lot to go on, and each day that this lasts mafia can grow their group through normal infection too.

It’s Day 2 and only one player (2 yesterday) knows they’re mafia.

Don’t think too hard just yet.

Reactions: bsaltyman

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
3 Hunsy: north (7:24 am), cmjh (7:29 am), cubs (7:33 am)
1 Cows: discy (7:16 am)
0 Farnsy: cubs (7:32, rescinded 7:33 am :confused:)

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Is there a way to "recover" from being infected? I'm not sure what the mechanics would be but if the innocents are super unlucky or bad like last game this could be over kinda fast right?

So this post also gives me pause. He uses the phrase "if the innocents". Makes it seem like he isn't so innocent. Also, his post to vote for someone was strictly "vote cyme" with no banter of any kind. Makes it feel like he is trying to lay low.

Reactions: CYme

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If you thought that was big news... it gets bigger (TWSS)

The coronavirus began its spread but the curve was quickly flattened, as they infected Colorado, the US scientist

As a result, the bastard coronavirus mafia lost one of their original members on night ONE. srjclone was a member of the coronavirus mafia
Can someone explain to me what it means by the curve was quickly flattened? I don't understand from the write up.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
OK, so I'm clear, if the mafia infects somebody, the infected person joins the mafia and can PM with the other mafia members.

If the asymptomatic carrier infects somebody, neither knows they're in the mafia until the original asymptomatic carrier is killed, at which point the remaining infected members know they are mafia and can PM.

@cyfanatic13, is that correct?

Reactions: moores2

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
OK, so I'm clear, if the mafia infects somebody, the infected person joins the mafia and can PM with the other mafia members.

If the asymptomatic carrier infects somebody, neither knows they're in the mafia until the original asymptomatic carrier is killed, at which point the remaining infected members know they are mafia and can PM.

This confuses me too. How can the asymptomatic carrier infect people if he/she doesn't even know they are infected? Is there there like 3 sides going at once?

moores2

Nov 9, 2018

upload_2020-3-31_8-31-20.png

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think the 2 mafia who know they are mafia tried to infect him. Otherwise it would only have been a 25% chance that it happened.
Not my question.
IF they had successfully infected someone (other than one of the two scientists) anyone who voted for AC would have a 1 in four chance of being infected alongside player AC. Bad luck for them, good luck for the rest of us because right now we still only have two mafia (one who knows they are mafia, one who doesn't). At least I think that's how it goes.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Not my question.
IF they had successfully infected someone (other than one of the two scientists) anyone who voted for AC would have a 1 in four chance of being infected alongside player AC. Bad luck for them, good luck for the rest of us because right now we still only have two mafia (one who knows they are mafia, one who doesn't). At least I think that's how it goes.
I don't think this is right. I believe anyone who votes for AC or is voted on by AC has a 25% chance of being infected whether or not the overnight infection is successful or not. We could be dealing with 3 infected today, or even more if AC was one of the people who had a number of votes last night.