***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I am curious to see how the current global situation will change transfers decisions this year. If this thing drags on, they may not see the benefit of getting to a place in August for a final year. May be nothing, but I was thinking about this this weekend.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I am curious to see how the current global situation will change transfers decisions this year. If this thing drags on, they may not see the benefit of getting to a place in August for a final year. May be nothing, but I was thinking about this this weekend.

Good point. Lots of uncertainty in how this fall is going to play out (or if it plays out at all :()

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I considered this, too. Agreeing to transfer for one year when the possibility of no basketball looms has to give a person reason to pause.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
oof-size-large-23-memes-85.jpg

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Trying to keep my list updated, removed Brandon Barry and Tyrese Martin, who else am I missing for possible targets?

PF Justin Turner (GT): Mizzou, Xavier, Marquette, Arkansas, Louisville, ISU
SG Alan Griffin (T-2): Arizona, Dayton, ISU, Miami, Syracuse, Texas
CG Jamarius Burton (T-2):
CG Keon Ellis (JC): 3/17/20
PG Justice Hill (JC): Salt Lake CC - 6'0"
PG Darious Perry (T-1):
CG AJ Walker (T-2)
SG RayQuawndis Mitchell (JC): Otero CC/Blaine, MN - 6'4" 180lb.
SG Trey McGowens (T-2):

Reactions: CTTB78

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Trying to keep my list updated, removed Brandon Barry and Tyrese Martin, who else am I missing for possible targets?

PG Darious Perry (T-1):
CG AJ Walker (T-2)
SG Trey McGowens (T-2):

Isn’t Turner a guard at 6’4” ?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I don't know if Prohm is looking to add another freshman for this class but a talented one just decommitted from WSU. Can't have too many athletic wings.

@EvanDaniels Would expect Ja'Dun Michael, who just opted to decommit from Wichita State, to reel in some significant interest. Was impressed with him during his senior season. High major wing scorer.
@coreyevans_10 One of the best athletes in the 2020 class...could opt for a prep year in the fall, too.

Reactions: Statefan10

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I don't know if Prohm is looking to add another freshman for this class but a talented one just decommitted from WSU. Can't have too many athletic wings.

@EvanDaniels Would expect Ja'Dun Michael, who just opted to decommit from Wichita State, to reel in some significant interest. Was impressed with him during his senior season. High major wing scorer.
@coreyevans_10 One of the best athletes in the 2020 class...could opt for a prep year in the fall, too.

There’s gotta be some weird stuff going on in Wichita.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

PG Darious Perry (T-1):
CG AJ Walker (T-2)
SG Trey McGowens (T-2):

Buggs probably

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I felt pretty good about landing Barry. I wonder if Prohm feels good about a better Guard and wasn’t willing to accept his commitment yet? Maybe Aiken, Turner, or Carton.

Yes I know we have four open scholarships, but usually those good grad transfers want to go somewhere they know they are the starter.

And for some reason I feel like Ellis will be another guard we are getting.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I felt pretty good about landing Barry. I wonder if Prohm feels good about a better Guard and wasn’t willing to accept his commitment yet? Maybe Aiken, Turner, or Carton.

Yes I know we have four open scholarships, but usually those good grad transfers want to go somewhere they know they are the starter.

And for some reason I feel like Ellis will be another guard we are getting.
With the decision to return to Dartmouth, my guess is it had nothing to do with what Iowa State was thinking or doing. Sounds like Barry just decided he'd rather finish out there

Reactions: heitclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

greenec31

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2017
Roland, Iowa

PG Darious Perry (T-1):
CG AJ Walker (T-2)
SG Trey McGowens (T-2):
Bryce Aiken from Harvard and Trey Murphy from Rice