Monday OT - A Policeman Knew My Name

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I find it hard to believe our group compromises only 2% of results.

I've read before that the "NT" combo is really rare (my dad, brother, and myself all often score it). Most people wired for logic over emotion (T) are also wired for the current reality vs. theoretically possible (S), which makes sense.

By the same token, most people who are really into theoretical possibility are probably more likely to be emotionally driven than logically.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I got ESTJ-A this go round. Sometimes I get ENTJ-A. I'm always right on the line between S and N, and this time I was 51% S and 49% N.

100% Extraverted
51% Observant
82% Thinking
67% Judging

Other than flipping between N and S, I've taken Myers-Briggs several times a year for 12-15 years and always come in very strong with Extraversion and Thinking, in the middle on Intuitive/Sensing, and pretty strong on Judging over Percieving. The ENTJ-A descriptor usually comes off as more accurate. I'm not super-organized.

Most spot-on observation from the Strengths & Weaknesses: "People with the Executive personality type get so caught up in the facts and most effective methods that they forget to think of what makes others happy, or of their sensitivity. A detour can be breathtakingly beautiful, a joy for the family, but Executives may only see the consequence of arriving at their destination an hour late, hurting their loved ones by rejecting the notion too harshly."

Don't **** with my plans.

I'm also just barely more N over S (a bit more than you, in the 60s), but it's my weakest extreme. I just really, really don't like people much. I am fine in social circumstances, I'm not shy or anything - I just don't need all the BS of talking about mundane crap. But my husband, son, dad, and grandpa are all extreme extroverts, so it's an interesting mix of Is and Es.

The Architect (sans quotes) INTJ-T...can't argue.

I am not surprised!

Not too shocking, but I am The Entertainer/The Performer @Angie

There is zero part of that that is surprising to me. :D I love it!

I find it hard to believe our group compromises only 2% of results.

It is pretty prevalent on here, that's for sure!?! I do know another woman who claims she was an INTJ, but that is very, very rare.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It also depends on how I feel that day. I swear I can have split personalities. I generally hate being around people but can turn it on and be very interactive if I want to be.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It also depends on how I feel that day. I swear I can have split personalities. I generally hate being around people but can turn it on and be very interactive if I want to be.

Maybe you’re like me and got the ol tripolar disorder.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I went through a phase where I wanted to meet everyone and was really social, went out often and all that.

Now I can really only do big crowds if it's outside and I meet friends out I prefer a quiet dive bar where we can catch up.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I thought we were going to discuss times that we got taken to cop shops or arrested. Was looking forward to that. Who here hasn’t been pulled into the cop shop for questioning??? Assuming most have.

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Clever thread title btw :)

I am so glad it meant something to anyone else!

I thought we were going to discuss times that we got taken to cop shops or arrested. Was looking forward to that. Who here hasn’t been pulled into the cop shop for questioning??? Assuming most have.

I have not - I am wildly boring in that regard!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Stand by for old person out of it comment:
I have to confess I have no idea the context of the thread title versus the actual subject.

I actually figured you would get it more than anyone else! Try it again if I put it in context with the surrounding lyrics:

"I woke up in a Soho doorway,
a policeman knew my name.
He said, 'You can go sleep at home tonight -
if you can get up and walk away.'"

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm also just barely more N over S (a bit more than you, in the 60s), but it's my weakest extreme. I just really, really don't like people much. I am fine in social circumstances, I'm not shy or anything - I just don't need all the BS of talking about mundane crap. But my husband, son, dad, and grandpa are all extreme extroverts, so it's an interesting mix of Is and Es.

I am not surprised!

There is zero part of that that is surprising to me. :D I love it!

It is pretty prevalent on here, that's for sure!?! I do know another woman who claims she was an INTJ, but that is very, very rare.

Yeah, there's a misconception that introverts are shy. From my understanding the difference between introverts and extroverts is that extroverts get recharged by being around people, and introverts need alone time to recharge their batteries.

That doesn't seem inherently tied to being outgoing, IMO.

Reactions: cyclones500

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Yeah, there's a misconception that introverts are shy. From my understanding the difference between introverts and extroverts is that extroverts get recharged by being around people, and introverts need alone time to recharge their batteries.

That doesn't seem inherently tied to being outgoing, IMO.

I agree. I've read a fair amount about "extroverted introverts" - where they are outgoing and have fun around people, but need alone time to catch their breath. I think that's for sure me. Even my family - I just need some quiet time by myself. Working from home with my kids talking to me ALL OF THE TIME has been hard - I adore them and love them, but there's no time alone at all. Janny has been great about letting me get out and have some quiet while I drive around.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'll play along, since this is an Angie topic...

Personality type:
Turbulent Adventurer ISFP-T
Individual traits: Introverted – 68%, Observant – 69%, Feeling – 67%, Prospecting – 56%, Turbulent – 85%
Role: Explorer
Strategy: Constant Improvement

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I agree. I've read a fair amount about "extroverted introverts" - where they are outgoing and have fun around people, but need alone time to catch their breath. I think that's for sure me. Even my family - I just need some quiet time by myself. Working from home with my kids talking to me ALL OF THE TIME has been hard - I adore them and love them, but there's no time alone at all. Janny has been great about letting me get out and have some quiet while I drive around.

A really good friend of mine is super outgoing, can talk to literally anyone, the life of the party, knows people everywhere, etc, but he absolutely needs his "**** off and leave me alone" time. He comes out as an introvert in any Myers-Briggs analysis he's ever taken, but if you knew him casually, you'd never guess it.