Recruiting updates?

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Of course thats why we passed on Kevin Durant, one he wasnt 6'10 at the time and he was too skinny lol

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Barry would be an awesome compliment to our green freshman PG's in the 2020 class. Let them get in the weight room and slowly get into the Big12 style of play.

I'd love a couple red shirts but Prohm doesn't seem to know what that concept is
I don't want to die on this hill, but if you're only going to play garbage minutes, use the damn redshirt. If you transfer you're sitting regardless. Maximize your eligibility in case you don't transfer. It's really simple maths.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
For some reason if a kid is skinny some people on here automatically think they need to Red shirt.

Which is just as ignorant as someone thinking just because a player red shirts, they aren't big 12 caliber players. Coaches like Beard, Drew, Self and Dixon all somehow still RS kids that end up being factors for them.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Which is just as ignorant as someone thinking just because a player red shirts, they aren't big 12 caliber players. Coaches like Beard, Drew, Self and Dixon all somehow still RS kids that end up being factors for them.

Who are the players you're referring to for those coaches?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Who are the players you're referring to for those coaches?

Baylor- Mark Vital, Jonathan Motley
Tech- Kevin Mcullar (borderline 4* recruit) started the last 6 games for Tech this year as a RS fr. Odiase, starter on the runner up team last year
KU- Abaji was RS until January last year until injuries forced Self to pull
TCU- Kevin Samuel (4*), Kuwat Noi (double digit scorer his first two years before transferring) RJ Nembhard (remember the banked 3),
K State had Cartier Diarra.

Nothing wrong with any of those guys.

Reactions: Doc

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
We're likely screwed on news. With the COVID situation CW can't go on vacation so don't expect any news until this blows over.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Baylor- Mark Vital, Jonathan Motley
Tech- Kevin Mcullar (borderline 4* recruit) started the last 6 games for Tech this year as a RS fr. Odiase, starter on the runner up team last year
KU- Abaji was RS until January last year until injuries forced Self to pull
TCU- Kevin Samuel (4*), Kuwat Noi (double digit scorer his first two years before transferring) RJ Nembhard (remember the banked 3),
K State had Cartier Diarra.

Nothing wrong with any of those guys.

None of those redshirt were injury related or because of a unique situation?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
None of those redshirt were injury related or because of a unique situation?

Not that I could find, most of the teams rosters indicated if they were RS or not and the reason why. Players who were injured had that info in their bio, none of these guys did. The list of 5th year guys with the situations you list is much longer.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Cool. Didn't bother reading through the entire thread.

No problem. I shouldn't have been such a smart a$$. This whole corona thing has just been getting to me. Haven't been in a very good mood for quite a while now.

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
No problem. I shouldn't have been such a smart a$$. This whole corona thing has just been getting to me. Haven't been in a very good mood for quite a while now.

No worries. I think we're all a little bit on edge. Think positive, take care of your body and make smart decisions. This will all pass and we will be better for it.

Reactions: Snydes and Cytown12

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron